AMC: It's worse than we thought

• Members

SOD had that item about the casting of Sydney, who will have a surprising connection to a long-time PV resident. We were speculating about who it might be in the SOD thread. Well this is what this weeks SID has to say:

AMC will revisit one of its most shocking plot twists ever this summer when one of its most beloved characters comes face to face with the daughter she thought was dead. Eighteen years ago Brooke English believed she lost her infant daughter Laura to a drunk driver; this summer Brooke will unknowingly encounter a very-much alive Laura when she meets a young woman named “Sydney” (Taylor Gildersleeve).

“It’s just a delicious story that’s been begging to be told for a while now”, raved All My Children Head writer Megan McTavish. “When I suggested it at a story meeting in January it went over really, really well”. (One AMC insider tells SID that since mid-2004 Megan has failed to inform anyone at the show or network of the time/place of her story meetings, and thus she is the only one in attendance at the meetings and accepts or vetoes her own stories: “It’s pretty entertaining to watch from the hall as she carries on conversations with a table surrounded by empty chairs”).

Those AMC viewers still watching the show in August will learn that the dastardly Dr. Greg Madden was working at the hospital when Laura was brought in following the accident. Madden declared Laura to be dead and then secretly gave her to another family.

“For Greg, the fact that Laura was not being properly watched and thus got hit by a car demonstrated that Brooke did not deserve to be a mother. And quite frankly, I agree. But Brooke will suffer, I promise. That’s the crux of this story: Laura making Brooke suffer for letting her get hit by that drunk driver".

When asked what she thought of being called a misogynist, McTavish got defensive: “I did buy the house across the street from Cameron Mathison, and yes I did buy a powerful telescope, but to suggest that makes me a peeping tom is ridiculous!”.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

................................................Yawn.

If this doesn't signal the end of McTravesty's evil reign of terror I don't know what will. This chick needs to be thrown out of the ABC studios.

Moving this into the DTS: Spoiler Island

• Members

Ya know this is nuts. When Tom came to Brooke and told her what happened that was one powerful scene in AMC history. Everyone (the viewers) felt Tom's and Brooks pain and to bring her back now under these circumstances?? Brook was a loving mother.

But on the flip side at least Brook gets a storyline .

• Members

is this a joke? it has to be. that part about McTravish talkng to herself at meeting was pretty funny though. why would abc allow another Dr. Madden stolen abay/fetus that was thought to be dead storyline. gawd this show! <_<

• Members

That entire article reeks of fakeness, I'm sorry, but I just do not buy it one second.

Though the thing about her attending meetings on her own is hilarious and makes some sense. I always say that the best period of AMC in the last five years was from her return to mid-2004. Explains a lot.

Honestly, I think some (rightfully) ticked off fan read that the new character is tied to a long-running character and in a way to make people who are optimistic about it turn their backs, wrote this article and started posting it on the Internet.

There's no way that anybody would say any of the "quotes" in that article. But I have to say, if I lived next door to Cameron M, I'd have several high-powered telescopes!

• Members

Agnes is just obviously having some fun here. LOL I can't believe anyone could possibly think the article is legit... although if these things were true the puzzle is quickly coming together :lol:

• Members

OMG...that thread title almost killed me. LMAO. No seriously, I think my heart stopped as I waited for this to open. :lol:

LMFAO omg, that was great. You're my hero. But shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...don't give her any ideas. The part about her talking to the empty chairs :lol:, why don't I see that as a stretch?

Archived