2008 presidential election tickets: Republican and Democrat

DevotedToAMC

• Members

I like Hillary, but so many people hate her: that's why I don't see her winning, unfortunately. The Dems need someone w/ a fresh face IMO.

Al Gore seems very popular now. I guess people are waking up and realizing that the presidency was STOLEN from him 6 years ago. :rolleyes:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I have. I've worked on several Republican campaigns and totally lost patience with the way they treated Bill Clinton in the White House. It was disgraceful in my judgement and so I dubbed them the "hateful people". Now, I'm not a ticket person but will be devoted to the person I think would best serve our country and be strong enough not to let any party run over them but hear the people. I'm still incensed.

• Members

I worked on General Wesley Clark's 2004 bid for the Democratic nomination and Presidency. It was amazing! To be apart of something bigger than yourself was incredible. I know that sounds juvenile but the atmosphere, teamwork and the people I met some I will NEVER forget blessed my soul. I met General Clark's wife, she is sooo sweet and it made me work even harder for him.

My grandparents had FDR

My parents had JFK

General Clark is my FDR, my JFK.

• Members

DaysFanJean, with all due respect, I feel that it is somewhat unfair to call Republicans "hateful people" without saying the same about Democrats. Sure, you are 100% correct that Republicans hate Clinton intensely. However, Democrats today hate Bush with just as much intensity. So, if Republicans are "hateful people," then Democrats must be, too.

Regarding Wesley Clark, he seems like a great candidate on paper, but his lack of political experience really hurt him in 2004. (Political analysts of both parties said that he ran a poor campaign.) Anyway, Clark will definately not run in 2008 if Hillary is running, because: (1) Clark is very good friends with the Clintons and (2) virtually all of Clark's campaign volunteers (last time) were Clintonites, who would rather help Hillary over Clark if both of them ran in the same primary.

• Members

I really want to see a Democrat in the White House. I'm not a Dem or Rep myself, but I believe the Govt should have balance. I really think that right now the Republicans have way too much power and a Democratic President would restore some balance.

I like Hillary Clinton, but I don't think she can win it. I'd rather a stronger Democrat take the Democratic ticket.

I also like Condi, but I doubt she would run... for pretty much the same reason that Colon Powell would not run.

• Members

I'll take political inexperience over a career politician every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Of course, General Clark won't run if Hillary Clinton does because he is a good man who is loyal to the Democratic Party, his only fault.

Most Democrats are so full of blind hatred for Dubya they will anoint Hillary Clinton because they aren’t looking at the BIG PICTURE. She will probably run, win the Democratic nomination then lose to some well polish incredible handsome moderate Republican.

• Members

\

Who would that be? I must be on a different planet because I've not seen anyone meeting that description on either party actually. However, who votes for looks? I have an idea for Hillary's running mate but need to do a little research before stating it here.

OK, I'm satisfied. Bill Richardson is who I would put with Hillary on the Dem ticket. He could be a presidential candidate 2016.

• Members

William S. Cohen, Secretary of Defense in the Clinton Adminstration and former Maine Senator. (He is moderate and incredibly handsome)

Senator George Allen, son of the legendary Coach Allen. (He is incredibly handsome)

Senator Chuck Hagel, Senator from Nebraska and a war hero. (He is well polished, oh yea and incredibly handsome)

All of these men can wipe the floor with Hillary Clinton.

• Members

I love Bill Cohen, however I didn't love the way he bashed General Clark during the General's run for the Democratic nomination in 2004. But that's water under the bridge now. I can't believe you compared Chuck Hagel (who is really left of center in the Republican Party) to The Hammer DeLay. He is nothing like him, in my opinion. DeLay is in a class ALL BY HIMSELF. I can take his deep ultra-conservative views, but he is just plain mean, just mean without rhyme or reason! Allen is conservative but I look over that because I adore looking at him. :) ! In a perfect world, General Colin Powell should be the Republican nominee, in a perfect world! ;)

PS...How good was Al Gore last night on Larry King Live? He is still the most intelligent man in the Democratic Party!

• Members

Same here!

As a fellow Democrat, I would like to see Hillary run for president! My other choice would be Al Gore (and not just because he and I share a last name). ;)

I think the Democrats will do very well come November.

I think the Republicans, who will lose, will nominate Jeb Bush.

• Members

I would like to see both sides find new blood.

Gore, Clinton, Jeb Bush, Gingrich, Kerry....take a seat.

I know McCain has been out there a while, but he has something to offer to all sides, which I find appealing.

I just hope that both parties put someone up there that has something to offer to everyone. I vote for who I think has the most to offer. And although I am not one of those that say...well I voted for the lesser of the evil, which I think is a extraordinarly insane comment, you do need to have appeal.

In my opinion Gore, Kerry, Bush, Clinton..etc....are all fatigued, need new blood. CLinton and Bush further down the road, sure. But Hillary had her eight years in office and healthcare, education etc...remained status quo..nothing was done.

I would love to see McCain pick a moderate Dem for his ticket..or vice versa. I love a balanace.

• Members

Ooh, ooh, ooh!! I've got some more Republican candidates for the 2008 presidential tickets:

It's been 8 years and I've REALLY missed the campaigns of Alan Keyes and Gary Bauer.

Alan Keyes is the best!! Despite the fact that he's failed to win the Senate seat here in Maryland 2x and then failed to win Illinois Senate seat against Barack Obama, I think he's got the goods to "win" a Republican primary!! Yes, indeedy!! He's got that foreign policy experience after all, since he was appointed to be UN ambassador under Bush' 41!! ;)

For VP, I think Gary Bauer will be a GREAT addition!! I just hope this time he'll be able to watch out for those flapjacks (unlike in 2000)!!

I also want to reiterate my call for Frist to be the GOP's choice in 2008. Here's an article on him that solidifies my wanting him to win the Republican primary--that is if Keyes/Bauer can't get through:

Kitty-killer label litters Frist resume for president

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...20346/1092/NEWS

Yep, I think that Frist will be THE perfect Republican presidential nominee in 2008!! ;) Can't wait.....

Archived