2008 presidential election tickets: Republican and Democrat

DevotedToAMC

• Members

Who would you like to see run for president and vice president for both parties in 2008? I will list top three:

DEMOCRATS

1. Hillary Rodham Clinton for president/Howard Dean for vice president

2. Russ Feingold for president/Dianne Feinstein for vice president

3. Barbara Boxer for president/Mark Warner for vice president

REPUBLICANS

1. Laura Bush for president/Condoleezza Rice for vice president (that way they would both easily LOSE!)

2. Condoleezza Rice for president/John McCain for vice president

3. Arlen Specter for president/Michael Bloomburg for vice president

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Everybody in Tennessee knows that Senator Frist is running for President.The local paper said Frist is writing a book now.They point out that every candidate has written abook about 18 months to two years before the election.

It has been mentioned of a Frist-McClain ticket here.Also reversed.Some have said the possibility of a McClain-Jeb Bush ticket. In Florida,Jeb Bush can't run for reelection.His approval ratings are in the 60 percents and he is popular with conservatives. Also popular in the southern states which most presidential candidates need to win an election.I have read columnists here that said in reality Jeb Bush will run for president in 2012. The Bush name is still popular in Tennessee.

Many people in Tennessee believe that one of Tennessee's worst Senators,AlGore Jr. (that is only my Tennessee-bred opinion) may run again in 2008. There have been blurbs about that in the local paper.

• Members

I would definitely vote for either John McCain or Arlen Specter. There are other moderate Reps I would vote for too.

Here in MA, I heard rumors that our Gov, Mitt Romney, who's a Republican, might run. :rolleyes: Personally, I don't like him, but I guess he'd be considered moderate since he's govenor of one of the most liberal states in the country.

• Members

For the Democrats I'd like an Al Gore/Howard Dean ticket. Gore says he doesn't plan to run but he could easily win the primary no matter who else is in the race. I briefly considered Hillary but her insulting pandering lately has convinced me she's not worth it.

I'd like to see John McCain get the Republican nomination.

• Members

For Democrats:

I'm going to support Mark Warner for president in the primaries. I think we Dems are going to need another Southerner to add to the ticket similiar to Clinton/Gore in 1992 so I'm going to go with Mark Warner for president and Wesley Clark (a native of Arkansas) for VP.

For Republicans b/c I don't want Bush to have a Republican successor, I'll say Frist for President since he's done such an "effective" job as Majority Leader in the Senate and Katherine Harris, Congresswoman from Florida for Vice President!! That truly would be a winning ticket!! :lol:

• Members

Oh, thank you!! I've been mostly hanging out at Dailykos and posting stuff at Coffeerooms politics site!! I have to be honest here. I was really depressed after Nov 2004 and slowly stopped coming here and began frequenting Dkos to hang out with other people who were like-minded and also depressed about the outcome of the 2004 elections. I stopped watching soaps that summer to concentrate on politics. I only recently started watching Y&R and Days again, so I'm back here at SON. I'm glad to be back and appreciate your warm welcome!! :D

• Members

What can I say. The primaries haven't even begun. We could be surprised. Everyone thought Howard Dean would get the nomination instead of Kerry. He might not have done any worse.

Thankfully George W. Bush will not be on the ticket. Praise the Lord. But someone in his back pocket could. John McCain is not in his back pocket, thankfully. I don't like him for president though. I do like Frist, but he could never win unless he got General Franks as his VP....well, I like it.

I want Hillary Clinton to win but don't know if she will get the nomination and if she does who would be best for her VP. Definitely not another woman and it would need to be a man who has a reputation for being his own man, too...just a thought....so independents will get interested.

• Members

If Hillary Clinton runs she will lose! She is NO Bill Clinton that is for sure.

My choice is:

General Wesley Clark President

Senator Barak Obama, Vice President

If not...

I want President Al Gore to get his four years, maybe eight. The ones that were stolen from him.

I would vote for Condi Rice, Colin Powell or William (Bill) Cohen on the Republican side for President or Vice President.

Archived