World Cup 2006

WTGH

• Members

Holland v Argentina was a great game although there were no goals Holland was better then Argentina in the second half but I can live with this result.Japan v. Brasil could be interesting maybe Japan will surprise us since Brasil has been the biggest dissapointment of the tournement so far sure they got some great players but someone should tell them it's a teamsport we're dealing with here :rolleyes:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

--Brazil was a lot better today. I was really impressed w/ them.

--Glad Ghana won. They're like the dark horse of the cup. Poor US though. :(

--Tomorrow I'm looking forward to Spain vs. Saudi Arabia. The afternoon games look pretty good too.

• Members

Even though I am not a soccer fan. I am happy that Australia has made it through to the final 16.

I wonder how many people will be late into work today cuz they had either gotten up early to watch the game or are having trouble with road closure's as they had a couple of screens set up for the game.

• Members

At least the US got one goal in before leaving. I read Bruce Arena could lose his job over this.

Brazil was great today. Hopefully they will play like that tomorrow* against Ghana.

*I meant Tuesday!

• Members

Brazil was good today!

FINALLY Ronald woke up from his coma and did some actual PLAYING!!!

-Second round begins this weekend!!!!!!!!!

Random: I so *love* Holland's shirt... the little polo shirt neck it has makes it unique.

I saw it at the mall today and it's 80 bucks!!! *sniff*

• Members

I guess after Australia, I would have to go for the Netherlands.

I have been told stories of how my Aunt would sleep out for day's to get tickets to watch her club play. Behind my Oma's and Opa's place in Rotterdam there was this big stadium on a hill.

I think they lived in the old Olympic village.

• Members

What an AMAZING, SPECTACULAR match between Mexico and Argentina!!!!

Edge of your seat action in the first ten minutes and both teams performed marvelously.

I did not expect Mexico to play as well as they did.

Poor Mexico. :(

-Bye, Bye Sweden! I woke up late and missed the first half of that game.

• Members

Man, that game was amazing! I'm glad that Argentina won. They've been stellar throughout the whole cup thus far. But Mexico is also a very good team. It's unfortunate to see them win.

Germany was absolutely outstanding today as well.

bye-bye Mexico :(

bye-bye Sweden :(

• Members

OMG! The Portugal vs. Netherlands game was the craziest thing I have ever seen!

That ref was yellow-card crazy. What was it, 16 yellow cards and 4 red cards? :rolleyes: He was awful!! :rolleyes: I know that Portugal started a lot of problems and came out as the bad guys, but the fights were hilarious. The ref lost total control of the game in the second-half.

It sucks that the Dutch were eliminated, but I'm glad my team's still in the running. The match against England on Sat. is going to be good, even though Deco won't be playing...and my guy Ronaldo might not play either. :(

And Wimbledon starts tomorrow too, so I'm on sports overload.

• Members

I was looking to see if someone started this thread when the Championship began, but I guess I missed this!

This is a HUGE deal in Croatia and everyone waited for this... ratings for Croatia's matches were HUUUGE! Unfortunately, out team pretty much sucked... which is too bad, since we all had major expectations for them! Croatia was literally depressed the day after we were kicked out...

Archived