World Cup 2006

WTGH

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yeah totally! Football players are the sexiest things in the world! I still don't understand why it's not popular here in the US. Baseball and American football are boring IMO. Soccer, tennis, and hockey are my favourite sports.

I'm rooting for Portugal. My family's from The Azores (the islands off of Portugal), so I have a sort of obligation to root for them.

I also like England, Spain, Argentina, and Brazil. I guess I should like the US too, but they don't stand a chance. :lol:

Ugh! My roommate used to live in England, and now she lives in Italy and she and her family are going to Germany to watch England play. I'm so jealous! :( They got to go to the Olympics this year too.

• Members

I'm watching Brazil/Australia right now and I gotta say Brazil's performance has been a bit underwhelming, especially with their narrow 1-0 victory over Croatia.

I'm rooting for Holland, Argentina, Germany and England.

I don't see Brazil winning this one.

Ghana has been a surprise! :o

• Members

Yeah, Brazil has been kind of crappy, even though they've won. They were awful against Austrailia, I thought. I knew they weren't going to do well b/c everyone was pumping them up against Austrailia. I only like Brazil b/c their fans are crazy, and b/c I'd love to live in Rio.

I really would love to see Argentina win b/c I'm going to be studying there next year, and I think they're really good.

The Holland vs. Argentina game is going to be intense. I'm looking the most-forward to that one.

• Members

Hmmm HMMM Hmmmm David Beckham is so HOTT!

Watching England vs. Sweden. I never really got into soccor/football until my son started playing on a PeeWee league last year and he started playing that because I could not stand sitting through boring T-ball games anymore. I was bored and so was he, so we switched sports.

Did you guys read Rick Reilly's colum in Sports Illstrated about the what the fans chant during games? it was hillliarious.

• Members

Yes. David Beckham is gorgeous!! B) I really wanted England to win, but I'm glad that they tied w/ Sweden. Manchester United is my favorite football team.

Yeah, baseball is so boring! I don't understand why Americans love it. Football is intense. The minute I turn my back, something interesting happens.

Tomorrow's matches should be really good. I'm looking forward to seeing the Mexico vs. Portugal game and the Argentina vs. Netherlands.

• Members

Argentina vs. Netherlands is going to be THE [!@#$%^&*]!!!!

I'm giving the edge to Argentina...

Was reading an article in the paper yesterday about some referee's policies about the players having sex during the Cup.

'Twas interesting, to say the least.

• Members

YES! Portugal won!! Even though they were already advancing. What's up w/ ESPN only showing Mexican fans? I didn't see Portuguese fans until the end. :(

I'm placing my bets on Argentina. But it's going to be a good match nonetheless.

• Members

It was boring! I had high expectations but both teams were a bit too good.

I'm watching Univision's coverage. The commentators know what they are talking about and are excited about in the matches. Americans' soccer commentary is embarrasing.

• Members

Damn! That match was B-O-R-I-N-G! I guess they weren't going to try their hardest since they both were already advancing.

You know, I'm going to have to start watching Univision too. I watched all the games on Sat and Sun on that channel, and it's a lot better than ABC/ESPN. I should have watched the Portugal/Mexico game on the Portuguese channel that I have on cable, RTP. That would have been hilarious! :lol:

I'm sick of hearing about how great the US team is on ESPN: it isn't...it's in 4th place! And they only feature fans from one side. They did the same thing that they did during the Portugal/Mexico game during the Austrailia/Brazil game, where they only showed live coverage from Sydney. I would have loved to see the reactions in Lisbon and Rio.

Tomorrow's games look good. I think the Ghana vs. US game should be good. Surprisingly, Ghana's team is better than I thought they'd be. In the afternoon, there's the Japan vs. Brazil and Austrailia vs. Croatia games. I hope Brazil does well. It's really been letting me down w/ its performances. I've heard of how great the team is, but they haven't been performing all that great, despite winning. I think (until today's game) Argentina has been the most impressive.

• Members

Even though Argentina/Netherlands had no goals, the match was INTENSE!

A LOT of close calls for both teams and the action was always there.

I HATE the simultaneous matches... I have to be flipping back and forth!

I missed Portugal/Mexico. :(

Archived