OLTL: Tom Out?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have been saying for awhile that Heather would leave. You don't put an actress of her caliber on backburner and then give her [!@#$%^&*] like you have been and keep her. I hope that she will find a new show soon, and hopefully it will be ATWT since she wants to stay in New York and do Broadway.

I don't think Tuc Watkins will renew his contract either. He can't be happy with the direction of his character.

• Members

Like Steve said this is no shock. I hope she goes to another show too and it would have to be New York based because that is where she seems to want to be so ATWT is my choice.

Just out of curiosity-does anyone think she would be a great recast for Jennifer on Days? I know she hates JER for the Mimi abortion thing but hey money and story can attract people even if they hate something so I was just wondering what everyone thought of that idea.

• Members

around that time Adam. Honestly, I hope Heather leaves. She needs to be on a show that will use her the way she should be used. A powerhouse and dynamic talent like that should be front-burner, not used as a co-supporter of a mid-burner story. If leaving OLTL will open her up to better things than so be it. OLTL has only themselves to blame for wasting her if this is true.

• Members

Agnes, I would think Frons would push her too, but for some reason she is not one of Higleys chosen few. Of course knowing Higley from Days and now from OLTL - Higley does not know how to write for women. She didn't have any strong women on Days (turned Kate into a soft wimp). And she doesn't have any strong women on OLTL. Evangeline is her best woman character and she is not that strong. She turned Nora in a crying wimp and then gave her an anuersym. Vicki cries all the time. Blair is so out of character. And so on.

Higley either doesn't like women or know how to write for them. I don't know if she doesn't like Heather or just don't know how to write for her.

• Members

NO! If this is true, I'm totally pissed off. Heather Tom is an excellent actress, they stole her away from Y&R, a show she was on for years, and they just don't renew her contract like that? I guess they need more airtime for John, Natalie, and John's dead father we're suppose to care about. I really hope this isn't true, because this is just wrong.

Safe to say Dan Gauthier is probably next.

• Members

WHA- WHA - WHAAAAAAT!!! Stupid move on ABC/OLTL's part, if this is true. Not to mention, they just did something so assanine with her character, or they will in a few weeks anyway. ;) And now this? Wow. She'll go back to Y&R. Happened before, will happen again!

• Members

Just the thought of this has me fuming and yet very very sad.

Firstly, Heather isn't really backburnered, she has openly stated that she enjoyed her mediocre airtime because she does so many other things on the east coast. I never got the vibe that she was dissapointed with her role. But it is no joke that they don't give her enough meaty material.

But whatever, Tom is an Emmy award winning actress who is of major calibre to this show that never seems to get its recognition. Why would OLTL just give that up? It makes no sense. Plus I thought Frons would never give her up because of all the hype and hoopla that came with her when she joined the show. It makes no sense and would be REALLY bad, IMO.

• Members

My problem with OLTL is that Kelly hasn't really had her own story since the end of the babyswitch SL. Since then she's pretty much floated between mid and back burner. She's had nothing that she can really sink her teeth into.

Archived