OLTL May Sweeps Previews from SOD...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The TV Gude spoiler they have posted makes me sick. Kelly and Duke have desparate sex after M/M's wedding and then one is killed in the tornado?

I guess it's Duke that's killed since MM's leaving.

Way for Hackley to destroy.

• Members

The previews stink. There are still no spoilers about Clint & Vicki. It is like Vicki is being left out. And nothing really about Michael and Marcie even though they are getting married. Just that the wedding takes place.

I don't like Duke being killed at all.

Higley is really messing up and when are they going to see it.

• Members

ITA...is there any character in Llanview this woman has not already destroyed or will soon destroy?

This woman is wrecking OLTL.

There are some Viki/Clint/Dorian spoilers for next week, along with a small Marcie/Michael spoiler...but I'll keep you guys in suspense as to exactly what they are until I post the spoilers on Thursday morning. ;)

And it stinks that she is killing Duke...DH would have just been better off to have him leave Llanview. <_<

Higley is a quack.

• Members

She has destroyed so many and turned Vicki into a sniveling crying woman all the time. Just about everytime we see Vicki she is crying - never happy. I know that what she is going through with Jessica/Tess is bad but even Clint and Tess get happier moments. Vicki is never even seen outside of her scenes discussing the story. Even Clint gets an occassional scene with Dorian that is a little light hearted.

Vicki has not cared about another person it seems like in ages. We don't get much interaction with her other kids, even though Clint gets scenes with Natalie and Kevin more often. Vicki and Todd have not had a scene that I remember since his court days or right after.

Higley really has a problem with women. She has ruined Blair, makes Kelly seem stupid, and all the things she does to Vicki. While the men get a whole lot better scenes and more story.

I just want her so gone. Even if they hire someone new or rehash someone from another show, I don't think it can be much worse. OLTL has had such bad luck with writers for 3 years now - please Frons get us someone good.

• Members

When Higley was at DAYS, she really did a number on Kate (not sure if you were watching then). She made Kate fall for ROMAN of all people and turned her into this lovesick puppy. The real Kate would never act like that and it was pathetic. The Rate coupling was terrible. She also botched up Hope too.

It's sad that she doesn't know what to do at OLTL and is turning once strong, complex characters into weepy shrews, or in the case of Kelly, a desperate nympho.

• Members

These spoilers are REALLY sad. Paternity won't be revealed until June? Quad still in effect? All this Todd/Evangeline stuff sure died quick then...

Higley, I gave you a chance but you are a blowing it! These spoilers sound like nothing will happen! OLTL is starting to remind me of Passions (which I now like lol)

• Members

Yes she totally messed up Kate, Hope, and turned Belle and Mimi into self absorbed sorority girls. Higley is ok on a staff but as a head she sucks. She knows the history of the show's she writes yet she always rewrites things and makes things worse like the Jessica abuse stuff and on Days with Rex and Cassie.

I will never understand why OLTL hired her. I mean she did a story about goop people. That alone would make me wonder about her talents as a head writer. She had one solid month last year (May) and everything else has been inconsistent and sluggish. She has way too much scenes with character talking and her pacing sucks. She is going to ruin OLTL even more. Poor Micheal and Marcie are going to get a crappy wedding just like J&J did on Days under her. This tornado thing is just like the earthquake she had on Days except she is going to kill someone and we know who that will be. Killing Duke sucks because he is a member of a core family and with the right actor he can be a great character in the future. They are wasting Slezak, Tom, and many others. Plus, Todd's execution is nothing but a rehash of Sami's on Days which she was on the writing team for. Someone will come in at last minute or maybe she will shock people somewhat and do what Passions did with Theresa and have the injections filled with something else.

I swear I have always like OLTL (not its current state but I digress) but if they get emmy nods or wins for this execution thing when Days didn't (and remember Days won numerous awards and acalades for Sami's execution including a writer's guild award) that will be really fishy, especially since Higley was on Days's writing team.

OLTL and all of ABC needs to stop spending money on sweeps stunts and disasters and use it to get new writers for all of their shows fast because too much damage is being done. All I can say is thank God Higley only had 6 months on Days because I cringe seeing what she has done in her lengthy tenure at OLTL.

Archived