OLTL May Sweeps Previews from SOD...

• Members

ONE LIFE TO LIVE needs to fire Dena Higley. For awhile I supported her, she was made OLTL better for a few months but now for the last couple months she sucks, her stories and use of important characters such as Asa, Nora, Renee and even Viki is horrible. ABC and Brian Frons should fire this hack!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, I should be happy that Marcie and Michael are getting married and barely being used (even their wedding will be barely about them)? Please... I can't help I want more for the couple I love. Higley has yet to show real development (telling a real story of their love) before they got back together, the engagement and this wedding of why Marcie and Michael should be together after they were ripped apart. They are together and soon-to-be married, but there has been no development between them where they can be around for the next 5 to 10 years... and that's why I'm mad. I'm mad, because yet again, Higley has given an empty promise on some characters. And so far, I have seen nothing to suggest that after this wedding, Marcie and Michael will have a storyline that adds more complexity to them as a couple and/or individuals... that makes me want to sit down and watch live to learn more about these characters... so excuse me for not being happy that are just around and being used as minimal as Higley wants to use them.

• Members

Sorry :) . Usually I am not so negative about any show but Higley is not suited for any show unless as a part of a team. She wrecked Days and now she is wrecking OLTL. Her stories started off decent but since Fall the show has slowly become worse to watch. OLTL has been a show I have always liked but this is not OLTL. She is destroying vets left and right and her stories are dragging far too long with very little to keep you interested and now she goes and rips off a story she helped right at Days. OLTL and all of ABC needs some major shakeups because it is killing me to see all these great actors and a actresses and all this potential going to waste. I also wish the sweeps stunts for all of ABC would stop. They need to pull out all the stops all year round and not just 3 months out of the year. You aren't going to get viewers back that way. Sure you will do well in sweeps but, as the ratings show, you will have big negative signs next to you at the end of the year if this pattern keeps up. I will tune in to OLTL as I tune into all shows and I hope all this plays out better then it sounds. All I know is if the wedding goes as planned then many people will be pissed and OLTL better not win any awards for the same story Days did and got no major awards for (even after winning a writer's guild) or I will be really ticked :lol: .

• Members

We are freaking negative because what Higley is doing is character assassination and slowly killing a show we love.

These previews are not great at all. They are horrible. And I for one am not looking forward to watching them at all.

I still love my show and if it weren't for the great performers I would have quit watching several months ago. But Slezak, Ver Dorn, Gauthier, DePaiva, St. John, Tom, Lavoisier, Hickland, and a few others still continue to give wonderful performances. They give 100% to the terrible rotten stuff they are given.

Higley has ruined so many of their characters but the performers are top notch.

And there is absolutely nothing good about having Kelly sleep with Duke and then have him die. It is ruining another part of the Buchanan family and ruining Kelly.

Archived