GH: July 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Honestly: Who cares? The center sucks and is a discussion point, it has never existed onscreen. It bogs down Kristina in nothing work that only resonates offscreen vs. being active on the show. I'm ready to see the back of it.

Edited by Vee

• Members

One thing at least, GH seems to be telling this story from every POV and I do appreciate that, even though I also think that it’s time for Natalia to go away and never come back. And agreed, that cancelling Kristina does seem a little small-minded on the part of the Center. 

Btw, with the way the media demonizes private citizens in real life nowadays, how is Alexis able to file a lawsuit against the Invader? 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Oh wow, there was actually a small pay off to something the new writers set up? How about that! The set up to it was clunky, but a little less clunky than how the old writing regime would set things up.

The show needs more payoffs, more drama.. It's so boring. There are literally no stakes. 

Edited by Jdee43

• Members

I happen to agree. I think the show is saying that they are both wrong. Ava is wrong for outing Blaze. Natalia is wrong for being a rude homophobic bigot. Both things can be true. Alexis & Sonny will deal with Ava. Everyone will hate Natalia. Blaze may be done with her mother. I no longer see Sonny & Natalia, getting together. Diane might glean some ammunition to use against Ava in the coming custody battle. However, I wonder if Ava will use the reduced meds, although I can't see how she could do so without implicating herself. And, on top of everything else, if you ask me, the optics are truly awful. However, Maxie gave an amazing speech. Kristina was remarkable. And, Blaze finally took up for herself. 

• Members

At the end of the June thread, posters were wondering how Gio is related to the Cerullo clan.  Replying here in the July thread.  

June 17, 2024 
Conversation during Willow's birthday party at the Metro Court.

Carly:  You know, I, um, hear Gio say aunt, uncle, cousin. No grandpa, no mom or dad.  Whose kid is he?

Brook Lynn: That's the whole thing.  See, Gio's father died before he was born, and his mother was a violinist with the New York Philharmonic but she died when he was ten.

Carly and Josslyn: Oh. Wow so sad

Brook Lynn:  Well, fortunately for Gio, he was raised by the vast and loving Cerullo and Falconeri clans, so we all feel like he's one of us.

• Members

Ava is suffering from unintended consequences. That doesn’t mean that Natalia isn’t also facing consequences. I actually like that Ava reading the comments made her both feel for Blaze and also selfishly rush to ensure her own protection. 

Also- go to any famous LGBTQIA person’s comments. It’s filled with attacks from bots, from Christian conservatives, and often from our own LGBTQ people being misguided keyboard activists. I think there would be calls for Kristina to resign.

The problem with the center is that it wasn’t established yet so any stakes there are moot.

Edited by titan1978