The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

I think GF is staying for awhile, and probably getting mixed up with Nicolas. I don't know if the writers would have the guts to make Laura the shooter, but they have to write every story with an "And then what..." element. Making Luke's killer (assuming they go that route) someone who will be off screen again shortly afterwards, would have next to no story potential. Someone as iconic as TG leaving gives TPTB an opportunity to set story for the foreseeable future, and would be the ultimate Helena Cassidine revenge. She once threatened Laura that Luke would be the death of her. Can you imagine her crowing that she had it reversed... that Laura was the death of Luke?

Anyway, however it happens, I'm both looking forward to it and not at the same time. The Spencermaines have been my favourite GH family for more than a decade, and it's sad to see the patriarch of that group leave.

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well, I do rather relish the idea of Laura in prison, forever after. :)

I thought they weren't killing him off, that they were leaving the door open for a return (although that's unlikely). I don't want Luke to choose to leave Tracy and his family, so maybe they can leave him in a coma. They are fond of recycling ideas. It certainly sounds like he's saying goodbye, to everyone he shares a scene with, these last few days.

• Members

I don't think anyone is fooled or should be fooled - when he leaves, he leaves. However TPTB aren't going to say anything else. I am following another show where an actor left, and it's very evident that she has no interest in the show now that the show didn't die with her, but became another actor's staring vehicle. She has demonstrated herself to be rather immature about the whole thing, tbh. But TPTB still say 'of course she will return, we just have to find something that works'. I will be gobsmacked if anything does happen, but the show runners are not going to tell her fans that. Same with this show - how many times have fans been said 'we love X and they are always welcome,' and yet nothing happens and there is enough backstage gossip to suggest there is no loved lost.

TPTB will always keep a door open for their biggest star, even if it is completely apparent that he will never walk through. And on the off chance that he does return for a visit, there are always ghost appearances. No one knows anything about the story. I certainly don't. I'm just picking up on themes I see played really heavily in his dialogue. His goodbyes are heart-felt, his focus on how Tracy is everything is huge, and his comment about limited time and mourning a loved one stick out like a sore thumb. I know the LnLers and even some non-LnLers seem to think Laura is 'endgame' and inevitable, even though everything in the past decade both on and off screen has said the exact opposite. I'll roll my eyes at that one, because I'm only interested in seeing what actually happens, and soaps are formulaic. Right now we are watching a classic wrap up of a character. TG said how much he admired them ending Stephanie on B&B in her death. That's what he wants for Luke and TPTB have shown over the years they are willing to follow TG's lead - none of those moves have been bad, especially his desire to be paired with JE. There is no life after this for Luke, but the possibilities for his family created by his death, are practically endless.

• Members

Hi TracyLuv. I don't know if we have a final air date. But I think Tracy is going to be out of his story soon... I'm guessing it's going to be Luke/Laura/Holly/Ethan/Lucky adventure story.

This is my spec...Luke calls off the engagement, and Tracy says she's done for real. But since she will always love him, she is upset, and she and Sabrina end up bonding over a shared similar experience (spoiled for June 12th). Meanwhile, Tracy is in need of additional comfort the following week - either by Sabrina, Dillon, or Alice, and then she disappears for awhile.

Hopefully, Tracy is not gone for too long, but it looks like Dillon is going to be involved with Dante/Valerie/Lulu. Tracy is clearly not part of the ELQ story even though she should be, so unless that casting scoop about a new love interest is true (and I doubt it), Jane's future on screen isn't looking too good. It sounds negative, but I think realistic is a better word.

IMO, there was no way that LuNacy was ever going to be end-game... Even if Tony wanted that. He is either going to end up with Laura or end up alone, no matter how many times Luke calls Tracy his soul mate. Sorry LuNacy fans. I enjoy them, but I just can't see it happening. I am okay with that since I am a Tracy fan first. As long as she doesn't become Monica in terms of screen time, I'm good.

• Members

Well, I did think the hostility at Laura's appearance (on the part of characters, I mean) was a bit uncalled for. She's popped into town before, without this sort of reaction. Couldn't someone just offer her a chair and a drink, or something, and diffuse things--not indulge the drama of the scene?

And why the heck COULDN'T Luke be with Tracy, at the end of his story? This is a ten-year long relationship, just as valid as anything else.

Sickening, the way everyone kept talking about Laura staking her claim. what claim, for God's sake?!

Why couldn't Luke just say he'd call her after the party? The next day? Send Lulu to find out what the damned emergency is!

I am heartbroken, and that's no exaggeration.

Oh...and last week, why weren't people surprised at the news of the engagement, in the first place? So much emphasis on the quick engagement, when the reaction should have been, What?--But they're already married, aren't they?

This stupid, stupid show!

• Members

If this parting has to happen, I too would prefer it to be Tracy's choice. Or I'd rather there be no question as to his relationship status at all, and have him killed off, or be ill and die...anything, but what it seems they're doing.

Maybe Laura is really Helena in disguise, and she's employing some mind control tactic. Better a ridiculous SL than a painful one.