Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm beginning to wonder about that. I've noticed that the spoilers have been jumbled, that the dialogue doesn't necessarily match from day to day (most glaring was Lulu saying Tracy had left, etc.). Now I'm more convinced than ever that LuNacy won't be anything like we are anticipating. Tracy might walk away from Luke and have her meltdown with Alan, but they won't be apart for long. I think they are changing things a bit more than we suspect with regards to LuNacy. I can't wait until Tracy takes over lead on Monday.

And I'm loving Lulu these days. She was the one who said Luke might choose Tracy - I'm thinking Lucky will never get the Spencer brain, but Lulu has one.

I wonder if GV every gets tired of playing the dumb-Lucky.

EDIT

Totally just thinking about today in the face of LnLers and their futile desire for that kiss to mean something else.... I just remembered Luke telling Laura about the heart attack, and she was surprised that he had the surgery. Laura would have let Luke die last November. Doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. Luke spoke about Tracy never giving up on him and never letting him give up on himself, that SHE was the one who finally convinced him to have the surgery. Tracy's under the impression that Lulu did that. I'm wondering if they are going to revisit any of that - Tracy might want to hear that she means life to him.

And with that last sage thought, I'm off to bed.

Edited by remos

• Members

Morning all, a few spoilers with your morning coffee.... nothing new but it's always nice to see things in print.

Week of November 10th

• Tracy makes it very clear she is fighting for Luke. Laura tells Tracy she can give as good as she gets after Tracy tries to send Laura to France for treatment.
  • It's Laura vs. Tracy
Week of November 17th

• Tracy tells Luke their marriage is over.

Luke/Laura and Tracy have some good meaty scenes coming up. from SD

Seems the mob that ate PC is taking over again - lets hope they cull in the process and keep the stories of non-mobbies going with some sense of importance. SD is so obsessed with the Liason/LuSam/JaSam obsession and the Monavie scandal that's it's hard to see what's actually going on in the show.

• Members

Oh boy..

Writing this is a little hard for me, Partly because I'm not feeling very well and partly because I don't want to tick anyone off...

I feel like i watched a different show from some of you.

I didn't see Luke making a clear decision and moving on.

What I saw was GH's desperate attempt to HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

Here's what I mean:

• Luke admits "strong feelings" for Tracy (NOT love)..
  • He tells Laura she was always his angel.
  • He tells Laura that there is a special place is his heart that only she gets to (or something like that)
  • They discuss their past love and refer to it as AMAZING more than once.
  • The KISS. THE KISS!!

Maybe that kiss was a goodbye...

Or maybe it was a hello, a reawakening...

The lines were written to go either way.

The kiss was staged to go either way.

If you're a LnL fan, you're hoping they reignite.

If you're a LuNacy fan, you're supposed to take solace in the fact that they realize the world didn't stand still while Laura did.

The ending to this storyline is going to be the same. Luke will "choose" Tracy, yet he won't.

There will always be the "pregnant" possibility that Luke takes off for Laura.

I don't think I expected anymore from a soap...

but I certainly wanted more... hoped for more.

Sorry, that's how I feel.

LB

• Members

Lainey, you said it better than I ever could. I tend to lean toward GH is going for LnL because I'm a pessimist, but it totally seemed like GH was trying to have it both ways. Just ugh.

EDIT: nex, halee, or hooked, do anyone of you happen to have the link to the Tracy/Scott cards scene in bed? I meant to download it and never did. I don't think it's too late (meaning, the link should still be valid), but it looks like halee might have removed it from her post. Thanks in advance if anyone could re-post. :)

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

Lainey your post and my thoughts are like we share the same brain on this. This is exactly what TPTB are trying to do...Luke is not choosing Tracy. Luke is choosing nobody. Laura is the one who is going to do the choosing. They are stringing both fanbases along in this. Him wanting to leave with Laura next week--even if it is spur of the moment means that it isn't over between them.

What shocks me the absolute most is that they are letting Tracy not be a fool in the dark for a long time. At least she overhears it soon and finds her backbone. I think her ending the marriage over it is a plot point to get them to then have to work out their issues and Luke having to prove he is not going to just take off after laura and he is in it for the long haul.

But I am just going to enjoy the next two weeks of tracy because I have a feeling once they have the little plot point of her ending the marriage...we won't be seeing much of either one of them for a while while the quad of Lucky, Sam, Liz and Jason take over and the Sonny stuff does.

And I don't think we will be getting a Q thanksgiving scene at all this year. If so, it won't have Tracy in it.

• Members

Lainey and Ms.Q, I understand where you are coming from - and after being on SOC where the LnLers are trying to pick through everything with a fine tooth comb, I've seen all the arguments.

Things that emerge for me, however...

1. Luke didn't try to touch, hug, pat, stroke or cuddle Laura at any point during her obvious upset with the exception of that one last kiss. There was no effort to comfort her with anything.
  2. Luke at no point said Tracy wasn't important to him, didn't say the marriage was over now that Laura was awake, didn't say Laura was second to no one. All he said is Laura had a special place in his heart - as she should after 30 years and being the mother of his children.
  3. Luke told her the truth, softly but fully. They didn't fall in love right away, it did surprise both of them, he does have strong feelings for Tracy - we know it's love, Luke knows it's love, even Laura knows it's love. She told Luke right at the start she didn't want to hear about his relationship to Tracy, so that's what he respected in his discourse.
  4. When Laura said Luke chased her, he made very quick statement that no, he was chasing Scott who was driving like a madman. If it was going to be a reunion we would have heard something obnoxious about 'I'll chase you forever' or some such drivel - we heard nothing even remotely like that.
  5. So far we have had one week of LuNacy getting back home and finding out the situation with Lulu/Laura. This second week we've had Luke telling Laura the truth and the two of them accept that their marriage is over. No one expects the love to be gone. Coming Monday is week three where Luke returns to Tracy (and I really pray they do as much with that reunion as they did with LnL's ending) and then Tracy/Laura tangle. We aren't even half way through this story yet. Even after Laura leaves the story continues to unfold.
  6. We've got articles where TG talks about his motivation. We've got articles where GF and KS talk about how much they and their characters mean to each other. We've got a promo where Luke stands next to Tracy when Tracy and Laura come face to face. We've got Lulu pimping the hell out of LuNacy now (come on, that has to have taken all of us by surprise).
  7. Luke doesn't choose Laura - or else he would have done it this week and it would all be over.
Ending LnL doesn't mean they have to crush LnL.

• Members

I have to agree. I loved it, I have to say, but I did see it going either way. I know it will go in our favor and like everyone else here I believe he will choose her, but not neccessarily the way we want it to, more like th eway that has been said here. It will be a decision without making a decision type of thing if you get what I mean... I'm sure ya do . I do think that Laura seemed more like she excepted the end than Luke did. He seemed heartbroken or at least sad everytime he talked about Tracy or his life without Laura. She seemed upset when he asked her if she really meant it when she said she could live with it being over. He seemed like he was socked she would even suggest that. I know it's unpopular here, but that's what I though. On the plus-side, it makes it a little more hearbreaking (for him) when Tracy throws him out b/c he won't know what's coming (she will be heartbreaking for us no matter what so I didn't hink it'll factor into that at all) and it'll be that much better when he tries to win her back b/c the audience is not "sure", even though we are, if he is going to go one way or the other. I know the writers usually fail miserably t most things they try, but I am going to applaud the attempt at making this a little gutrenching and suspenseful for the audience and I will hold out hope.

I also, however, have to agree with Remos on it. I know, I'm a bit torn. I do think it was meant to go either way, but I think all the reasons that it should be obvious it is over are there, like she listed.

I Don't think it was in Lukes telling or in how TG played it, really I thnk he played it that way so we know it's going our way, but I think it is in the writing. It ensures that they don't alienate any of their fanbases and buys them the time to write Laura into a story with someone else and gets the audience use to her being with someone else and staying on screen. If they can successfully break them up and keep them both on I think we are golden. I said it in a different post- most "great" tv couples are broken up at some point but their fans don't go apesh-t over it (or they do but it doesn't last for 30 years) b/c they are kept on screen and a story is built around it and the fans don't lose anything. Luke reunites with Laura for 2 weeks at a time and then sthey ship her off or she is back to a vegetative state again and the audience is just left hanging. I am starting to think the LnL fans are just L fans and they have juts never had anything else since the LnL story so they are blurring the line a bit.

Edited by knh

• Members

I think this is exactly what they are doing. Luke and Laura will never be outside of each other's orbits because they have kids together. Tracy will always be insecure about that because she's had some hard life experiences to teach her not to fully trust. This way all three of them can be on and have stories moving in different directions. Honestly, it frees of LuNacy for the next level and it frees Laura to be developed as an actual character.

You noticed that too, eh? If the backlash of the latest article has taught me anything, it's that the FF are Laura and Laura-with-prop. LnL fans are almost unanimously not Luke fans. Poor AG.... we've got LnL/LauraFF and we've got LuNacy/TracyFF, but we've got very few LukeFF.

• Members

oh my god, funniest ever... I don't know how many have seen it b/c I don't think it was posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7q-RwkXqEE...feature=related

"the miracle of all of this is that as little sex as we've had, bingo, I'm pregnant. I think I should start buying lottery tickets!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2nbIWm0RRQ...feature=related

edit: ya know what I just saw that kinda annoyed me. The scenes from last year when Tracy was helping Luke try to get guardianship of Laura and she had her "I love you... rare emotion for me" scene. What the hell is all this smack Luke is talking about it just happened after his surgeries... come on!!

Edited by knh