• Members

It's funny how pretty much everyone on this board is not a huge Liz/Jason fan, but a lot of us on this thread are like Liason aren't that bad.  Wouldn't mind it.

Because Finn/Liz are that bad 

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Hey now, I was always a fan. But of course that predates the board, but hey lol!!!

6-3

One thing I'm going to definitely miss when PM's name leaves the screen is going to be all the shades of gray. Like Ava...she's been slowly but surely going back to be a villain yet you can see how much she has feelings for Trina. And now here's this talk with Natalia. We all know I'm loving seeing Beast...I mean Brennan...being all of a dangerous and cunning in a way Cyrus never truly was...not to mention charming and not without a sense of humor. Even Carly has her moments. Not all heroes, not all villains.

Can't say the same for Valentin lmao. One thing I loved about PM taking over was that it seem like he was surely writing an exit for him and Ava. And I know that has been something that the majority of the people here have been wanting to happen so I was looking forward to it. He was not my favorite Cassandine, but if they are not going to be around, no need for him really. So I was looking forward to him leaving since it gave him direction and a beginning, middle, and end.

That said...good cliffhanger with that.  lol. But so was Friday's now that I think about it. And picking up on this episode...I giggled at Jason's sideway shot. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

While I love the sentiment,you know we would have to hear the little girl who played Violet sing it because that's where we are at.

I think they were teasing Finn and Alexis, and maybe we would have gotten there eventually. Given the fact that Gregory brought up Finn's fling with Jackie before he died, as well as the brewing rivalry between Tracy and Alexis over Gregory's literary legacy, I cannot imagine a fling between Finn and Alexis wasn't going to happen. I'd suggest shortly after Alexis has to defend Finn when Brooklyn and Chase go for custody of Violet during Finn's drinking (as that's where it seems this is all going as of my viewing of last week's episodes). 

• Members

Ugh, don't remind me, lol!

It isn't so much that I think they aren't that bad.  But it's not like they're gonna polarize the audience the way other, more toxic couples do on this show.  Besides, I feel like their fans have suffered long enough, and that everyone deserves a payoff eventually, lol.

• Members

Yeah, I basically have said similar before.  I don't think it would hurt the show and I feel for their fans.  

I really don't mind watching them as a couple.  I just don't think they are amazing either.

• Members

I never cared about Liz and Jason (which felt like an also-ran of Jason and Robin) in the '90s, but I thought the 2000s revisit was very interesting (and sexy). This was a married woman with several kids who lived a domestic life, had given up her youthful career dreams for her children - a realistic picture that soaps rarely show. But she still had a passion for the dangerous man who got away, and he still wanted her. They fell back together when they were in two very different worlds and she gave him his first child. That's great story. The problem is that once Kelly Monaco re-signed they couldn't get away from it fast enough, because Frons loved her and Guza II was all about the leather jacket ride or die deal with Jason and Sam. Even though Sam has never been more interesting than in that period when she became a villainess and schemer.

I've not been remotely interested in Jason and Liz since, or Jason and anyone. I think the moment has come and gone. But with the right writing, who knows? Unfortunately I think the right writer just left the building, so I'm disinterested.

• Members

1. Errol...you were there!

2. Dan knows you! He bowed to you!

3. Dan knows us(the board).

4. Was going to ask is he gay? The beginning made it obvious but his husband mention clinched it!

5. You got the big scoop!

• Members
Posted (edited)

I will say I had a soft spot for D&C for a long time because of their sense of humor online as people, and their other work. I just don't think they were or are remotely ready for the long haul HWing a soap. I'm sure many of the people I think are terrible HWs are lovely people; many actors swore by Jean Passanante's day to day or breakdown work. But her HW stints are some of the worst I've ever seen anywhere.

While I have zero interest in working in soaps vs. what I do, what you describe is one reason I always kept my life carefully partitioned. If I'd ever gotten the call you would see me nuke as much of my online soap fan footprint as possible lol. Including this post!

In other news, FV appears to have hinted at

Edited by Vee

• Webmaster

Honestly, didn't realize he did read the site. Now his "two million" viewers comment in his acceptance speech makes more sense .

I have a bunch of other interviews, and I must warn people...I had no filter. I shocked myself. Hopefully, it will come off as more funny than rude. Rude wasn't the intent.

Example: I told one DAYS star about the show filming eight million years in advance and asked another actor how their show thought it could make viewers believe their character could possibly become a victim of one particular character without making viewers laugh, among other things I said.