• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I do feel that even though Patrick Mulcahey is credited as CO-HW still, its really just Elizabeth Korte. We have no signs of Sonny's meds story and now Carly is blaming everything on Cates.

Today's show was broken down by Emily Culliton & Scripted by Kate Hall. Maybe GH should make those ladies & children of well known/liked soap scribes, their new Head-Writer Team.

• Members

AFA we know she is co-HW without another co. 

Also there is writing that is still Patrick's. 

What I sense is a subtle shift, as if the proportion is different. I suspect now more is Korte/Frank & I say that in that way because there is no doubt that Frank is one of those EPs who can't stay out of the writing. So that leaves Patrick being less. 

• Members

That's another thing! They haven't followed up on that scene at all. lol. I would think that Val would be doing everything to be sure his cover might not be blown. 

Oh, yeah...there's a feeling of momentum going on (and I saw this week's promo). I've been saying as I've binged that there's a feeling of hitting the 'middles' of storylines right now so I would like to think we are about to hit some climaxes of some sort. Or turns.

• Members

I'm of the mindset that you SHOULDN'T know ahead of time which actors will be in that day's episode.  (Just as I feel you shouldn't know which breakdown or dialogue/script writer wrote that episode.  Sorry, Toups!)  You're running the risk of audience members tuning out if they think their favorite actors won't be featured that day.

That's what I love about the soap openings that didn't/don't feature any actors.  You wanna know if your favorite actor will be on today?  You'll just have to stay tuned and find out, lol.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I know what I said lol, but I don't mind the surprise of a random appearance of a character mid-episode. Y&R used to corner the market on doing that. In fact, there has been a few of those kind of appearances of late on there and in my GH binging right now, and it makes me glad I made it through a dull scene here or there.

I do agree with your reasoning on that as well in a 'two things can be true' way of thinking but I'm a Gem. I'm allowed. hehe.

Now writing-wise...lol...I have to disagree. Some of the fun of the HW name swap has been you immediately know if you are going to get an introspective/intelligent conversation or just some plot ho-how. And I admit I roll my eyes any time I see the name Lucky Gold on screen because I just can't stand his Waiting for Gadot (as if!) style of writing scenes. 

• Members

Which is oddly fascinating to me, because, BITD, Lucky Gold (or Lloyd, as he was known as back then) wrote for OLTL, which employed some very fine dialogue writers (Gold, Lanie Bertram, Don Wallace, etc.).

• Members

IKR.

You can do the same 'I have something to tell you' only to be delayed/distracted/interrupted a whole lot better (or even with an intelligent dialogue detour) than what we get from him. And it probably says something I know the writer in question and have watched from show to show to show now that now I just get irked. lol.

And I'm pretty sure I used to like him which makes it worse.