GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

It would admittedly be a refreshing change for Donna to put someone else on Ignore vs. the 60-70% of us on here who have already done so.

Spamming posts and suffocating threads with random minutiae, OT anecdotes and pointless pedantics are never going to make you the center of a forum or important.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Once again, Vee, you seem to show over & over that you have no insight into me. But, of course, you say that you keep me on Ignore, so how would you? 

Thanks so much for inquiring about how I use the Ignore feature. It is so gratifying that you care. 

And, the idea of something one writes being refreshing, yes, I would love to read that from you. 

Obviously you enjoy criticizing other people, being a bully, upholding your decades-long reputation. Me, I don't care much for posting about other posters. 

Gee, thanks for that advice. I had no idea. Yeah, right. 

• Members

I thought the post-hook up conversation between Nina and Drew was very strong. I thought Drew's comment about needing more than 45 minutes of fun from Nina was hilarious. I think the dynamic is interesting and I can't wait to see it continue. 

I expected Nina to improve under Mulcahey's pen with Cynthia Watros in the role. Cameron Matheson's blossoming as Drew is really the shock. I am finding Drew's scenes among my favorites. Moving into the wellness and fitness arena will allow the show to move more into the hospital realm if they do it right. I think everything is heading in the right direction, but it still seems like it's in flux. 

The Nina bashing regarding Metro Court is heavy handed, which is a shame because I thought some of the actual plotting worked. The silly "firing Pierce" conversation actually played into the later Nina/John/Carly situation even if it was heavy on plot. Nina running up to tell Drew with Michael present really isn't going to help her case with Willow, but it seems Nina is her own worse enemy. 

Kristina and Blaze's conversation regarding her staying professionally closeted was interesting. I haven't kept up with all the gay stories on soaps, but has an American show done this? I imagine some of it was done with Maya on "Bold and the Beautiful" though that story was slightly different. I think Kristina's arc is developing nicely.  The T.J./Marshall scenes seem to show that they will be continue the conflict over the family dynamic rather than jumping into Kristina just wanting to keep the baby (which she may do in the end). 

The Lucy stuff is not appealing. I think Lucy can be a hard character because she has evolved so much and different people might enjoy different versions of her. I didn't like the Home and Heart scenes because they were unnecessarily humiliating. I did appreciate the conflict between Maxie and Lucy over Maxie's loyalty to Brook Lynn and how Lucy saw that as a conflict of interest.

Alexis' arc regarding her return to law is fine. I am curious if they will follow up on who her source is in the D.A. office. I like the Molly/Alexis conflict as I suspect it is going to become more and more contentious when Alexis gets her law license back. I appreciate that Alexis' meeting will be at the same time as Brook Lynn and Chase's wedding leaving Tracy free to act as Tracy's defacto date. 

The Brook Lynn/Chase stuff is fine, but I still struggle to figure out what is A-story vs. B story because a lot of stuff is more day to day rather than long story. I thought the Tracy/Brook Lynn stuff about Chase being more traditional was intriguing, but it is  hard remember the social strata when everyone's set looks the same. I know the Quartermaines have money, but it's not like Chase should be struggling. Gregory is a doctor and Jackie was a reporter so it's not like they grew up clipping coupons and counting pennies.

I thought the insight into Tracy's life is interesting. I imagine they will revisit a bit of Tracy's grief over Luke with her interest in Gregory.  

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'll have more on the rest of the week in a bit but I will say I think Kate Mansi may be becoming the stealth breakout of the new regime, on top of Watros and (somehow) CM as @titan1978 said. (Not that I don't think there is real value to Cameron when he is used well just as in his best days on AMC, as I've always said; it's just that he hasn't been for most of his tenure and it's made Drew unbearable for so long until very recently.)

The question is will the day to day slant on Nina get in CW's way, because it does vary. Yes, Nina is a spoiled, histrionic and delusional heiress; she always has been and that is true to form IMO. The issue is when the writing shows that yet also defaults too much back to The Life of Carly voice that has pervaded the show for so long. You can have one without the other.

Anyway, I think Mansi has been very good and is emerging as one of the strongest younger voice on the show. The issue at present is her stories. Blaze is not ready for the big time AFAIC despite some compelling ideas in that story, and the surrogacy needs to end ASAP. I also would rather keep BLQ single and unshackled, and I doubt Chase is going anywhere any time soon. I agree it makes no sense for Chase to be poor given his family lineage.

Sasha needs to go, preferably alone. I have zero interest in her saga of finding herself in horse stables, in the kitchen or on Bootleg QVC.

Edited by Vee