GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Probably.  I read MB's book and he does sound like a bit of an ass.  But he also sort of owns it lol?  I think when people like Steve, MB, Tony, etc get too much power and leeway they tend to think they are writers and know their character better than anyone.  They probably do, but they aren't writers lol.  MB is nearing 60  61!? and this isn't a great look for the character, but I don't think Sonny has had a good look as a character since the 90's so 

Please register in order to view this content

You think?  It feels like the same old same old to me because everything Sonny is doing can be tied back to his medication being tampered with.

• Members
Posted (edited)

By the way the drug they made such a point of showing us is a muscle relaxer, not a med for bipolar & by all rights it should have made Ava go to sleep. It appeared she took 3! 

lorphenadrine 

https://www.bing.com/search?q=%2blorphenadrine&filters=rcrse%3a"1"&FORM=RCRE

I keep thinking about this not putting Ava out cold. This would be diabolical but what if someone tampered with this muscle relaxer instead of his bipolar med? Even 3 of a quarter strength muscle relaxer wouldn't put me to sleep, so, ... 

It was my impression that hadn't begun yet. If it has, then, that's different. 

Of course, drinking alchohol could make his drug not work effectively. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
typo

• Members

I told this to @Vee but I'd actually be into this story if Sonny was simply being seen for who he is. Because outside of not believing Jason and trusting Ava he's not acting terribly out of character. He's rude, temperamental and shutting out members of his family. I find the medication tampering to be lazy tbh. Now they can blame it all on his meds and he can go back to town hero status. I'm sure Anna will be at his door in six months begging for forgiveness.

• Members

Agreed.  Sonny's not really acting out of character at all or enough for people to be alarmed.  I definitely side eyed him not believing Jason, but I honestly thought that was just Sonny being hurt and disillusioned.  The medicine being wrong is just a built in excuse and everyone will be begging for his guidance and forgiveness once Ava/Pikeman/Whoever betray him.

• Members

Honestly, I'm still surprised at how MB went along with the whole "Nixon Falls" arc.  I wasn't watching GH at that point, but everything about that story sounded not at all like something that MB (or even yours truly, if I'm being for real) would have gone along with in earlier times.  I don't know what kind of black magic that Frank Valentini serves up on the regular, but it's clear his is the kind you don't [!@#$%^&*] with.

• Members

I can see MB going along with it because it wasn't really "Sonny".  MB could play a nicer, gentler, non-mob related guy because once he got his memory back he could play MobsterSonny again.   It was something new and fresh and it didn't necessarily emasculate the true Sonny character. As long as the change wasn't permanent I could see MB trying to get that emmy reel.

• Members

Well, I was just complaining yesterday that Carly pretended like she had no medical skills and she mentioned today she dropped out of nursing school.  GH is meeting my minimal needs in writing today.  Was that water or vodka that Carly was pouring to Wagger?  Serious question lol.  Both would work.  I also can't deal with Jagger's blood on his face and his shirt.  He needs to Drew himself out of that shirt.  

The Curtis/Portia stuff is so dull.  I really need justice for Brook Kerr.  Are you listening GH?

Nina and Drew continue to entertain.  Remember this sentence everyone.  I rarely compliment those two. 45 mins?  Okay, Nina and Drew get it.

Jason vs. Sonny was more interesting than I thought it would be.  A lot of blah, blah, this coffee is mine, but Steve is bringing it at least trying at the most basic acting level.  Brenda love aside, Jason/Sonny are the true supercouple here.  When Jason asked Sonny if he was taking his meds my heart felt the love lol.

Blaze and Kristina were on.. That's it.  Nothing else to say.  

The Kevin/Laura/Ace stuff is interesting I suppose but it's not grabbing me.  Yes, it sucks Ace has no siblings, but I assume it's better than him being an entire orphan lol.  And I just can't will myself to care about Heather much.  I think we all know where this is going.

Ava of course has the Joan Crawford sleep mask on, full length silk negligee and matching robe. #GOALS 

Please register in order to view this content

Also, who just takes someone's pills to sleep?  That is so weird and dangerous.  Just buy some Nyquil.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Exactly! So many others deserve to go before Ava: Dex, Cyrus, Nina, Willow, Sasha, Curtis, Sam... The problem is they just haven't written properly for Ava. 

I do agree with the poster who said Frank hires big name actors and keeps them around past their expiration date. His stunt casting with no story trend needs to stop. 

On Jagger...Does every Gen X leading man have to pass through Carly lol!

Sony looks like he hasn't slept in weeks. MB had some serious bags under his eyes today.

Edited by Planet Soap

• Members

Remember Heather set the LSD trip in motion. She meant it for Diana but ingested it herself. That is on Heather. Maybe the poison hip on its own wouldn't cause her murderous moves but what about that coupled with her LSD trip? If so, its all on Heather.

Someone tell Laura that just because she overcame her mental illness doesn't mean Heather Will & its not Laura's job to make that happen. Please tell Laura that Heather's LSD trip was Heather's fault & that with the Poison Hip could have affected her brain chemistry.