ARTICLE: Jacob Young to Direct ‘Murder Between Friends,’ An Independent Film He’ll Star in Alongside Joan Collins and Nadia Bjorlin

• Webmaster
Jacob Young, Joan Collins, Murder Before Friends

Soap alum Jacob Young (“All My Children,” “The Bold and the Beautiful”) is set to star in and co-direct “Murder Between Friends,” an independent film about a legendary TV star who tries to solve a murder that occurred at her countryside estate. Joan Collins (“Guiding Light,” “Dynasty”) leads the cast, which also includes “Days of our Lives” alum Nadia Bjorlin (ex-Chloe Lane).

“It’s very Agatha Christie, sort of ‘Knives Out’ without having a hundred million dollars to shoot it, but still will be a lovely film nonetheless,” Young told Michael Fairman TV last month while out promoting another film he recently starred in called “Four For Fun.” Jason Cook (ex-Shawn Brady, “Days of our Lives”) directed that film, which also stars Brytni Sarpi (Elena, “The Young and the Restless”).

Other actors set to appear in the film include British soap star Toby-Alexander Smith (ex-Gray Atkins, “EastEnders”), Jim Borstelmann, Espen Hatleskog and Czech actress Hana Vagnerová. “All My Children” alum Trent Garrett (ex-Asher Pike) is reportedly set to co-direct alongside Young, with the film based on a script written by Mark Rozzano.

“This is a really cool project. We’ve already rented the castle that we’re shooting at,” Young recently told Soap Opera Digest, noting that Bjorlin will be playing his love interest in the movie.

Note: The post Jacob Young to Direct ‘Murder Between Friends,’ An Independent Film He’ll Star in Alongside Joan Collins and Nadia Bjorlin appeared first on the Soap Opera Network website.

Read More

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes - Joan had been alluding to a 'top secret project' and been shopping in Los Angeles, ahead of the Oscars, for her characters costumes and posting some stories on her IG. 

I so admire that Joan is game for an indie flick - she's done a few in the last decade and they've often proved her best parts. 

I hope that this sells to a streamer like Netflix or network like Lifetime.

• Members

The love for these kind of Murder, She Wrote/Columbo-esque flicks/limited series is under-estimated. It cuts across a lot of demos, from older generations (my parents literally chill out to MSW reruns) to Millennials who also grew up with the reruns, to kids starting to get into age-appropriate murder mysteries (Nancy Drew, Agatha Christie). We all know it was this very nostalgia which drove Knives Out to perform so well.

This is an inspired choice for Dame Joan et al., and I'm surprised Lifetime or Hallmark haven't already bought the rights to air this.

On another note, Jacob Young seems to be aging like fine wine. It's cool how he has been jumping into the directing sphere. When they did the AMC walk-down-memory-lane show a few years back, JY stood out in how dedicated he seemed to be to AMC, the strong ideas he had about the show and its direction. He didn't seem to be the kind of guy just content to spout his lines and go home; he had a lot of leader energy on that show. It made me wonder if he was planning to move into producing.

• Members

Jacob has always been hot! He is aging well but I wish he'd cut his hair/wash it and not look so dirty fashion wise too.

He's so nice to his fans too. He really listens to what they have to say. He is very flirty.

Please register in order to view this content