Y&R: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ah yes, we could easily get RC to write that Leo announces he’s going to solve the mystery of Don Craig’s disappearance by visiting Donna Craig in the real life Genoa City, Wisconsin, only get brutally bludgeoned to death upon arrival when TEB makes a cameo reprise of Donna

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Why oh why did those dumb writers kill off the Carltons? If they felt it was too confusing to have Don Diamont occasionally visit Genoa City, could they not have recast the role? Brad Carlton was one of the few characters left on the canvas who had solid working class roots (aside from Jill and Sharon, both of whom have been terribly underutilized and misused) and I feel that connection to striving and ambition has been lost. Y&R, in its heyday was always ambitious and had at least a handful of characters who embodied this.

It’s also sad that, you have Ashley and Jack who have grandchildren that they allegedly dote on and you have Traci, who has demonstrated the greatest capacity of unconditional love, has been left without a daughter or grandchildren. Colleen could have made occasional visits to Genoa city sometimes. Honestly, instead of going there with the hair brained stories they plunged JT Hellstrom into with the Newmans, they should have had he and Colleen run off and elope (with Colleen only sending Traci a cryptic message to show up to a particular destination alone where she finds her way to a rustic chapel somewhere), and return for brief story arcs during the numerous storytelling lulls on this show.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I mean, did she call Margaret Reed and ask her for that hideous wig she wore on ATWT when Shannon came back from the dead?  Because, that's what came to my mind when I saw CZ, as Jordan, literally snatch that mess out of the dumpster.  (Me: "B*tch, put that back where it belongs!")

Look, I don't want to beat up too much on Josh Griffith, because I do think he has talent, and I know he's probably working under an enormous amount of pressure from the folks at CBSD and Sony, too.  But even Jean Dadario Burke, the most vision-less EP I have ever encountered in all my years of soap viewing, would look at everything that's happening (or, to be more precise, NOT happening) right now on Y&R and say, "Dude, WTF?".  So much that should be happening on-screen, isn't; and what IS happening is either dull and meaningless, or it's borderline psychotic.  (Ashley Abbott has D.I.D. now!?  [!@#$%^&*] all the way off, Y&R!)

Eric Braeden seems especially more checked out than usual these days.  I watched the scene where he coaxes Jordan into meeting one-on-one with him via cell, and I was like, "OMG, I'll be damned if the son of a bitch isn't literally phoning this in!".

Edited by Khan

• Members

Well, from what I recall, it was a choice between Brad Carlton or Paul Williams, and Maria Arena [wrongly] chose Brad Carlton to OFF, and what a mistake it was. If anything, they could have easily paused the character for six-to-nine months, and then returned Brad refreshed and ready to go, because now Don Diamont is trapped at Bold in a shïtty role that is corner-written, whereas Brad was multi-dimensional with a lot of deeply-rooted history.

Casting Adrianne León was a mistake; they should have cast Melissa Claire Egan as Colleen instead. Had they done that, I do feel like Colleen would still be a presence. But between León's short run, and Tammin Sursok's tenure, it just... ran the character out, and Arena wanted the role GONE (wrongfully). Traci deserves to have her daughter on the canvas, and it's a crying shame she does not. At this point, Traci rolls into town to be the "sound voice" of the Abbotts, and that is it.

• Members

Good question lol. 

Despite her cool and controlled nature, we’ve seen Ashley go bonkers over trauma before ie learning John wasn’t her bio dad, the abortion, learning about Blade/Rick, the death of baby Robert, gaslighted by Adam etc. but this time it’s because she and Tucker broke up after marrying…?

Of course mental illness runs in the Abbott family, and everyone in the family has experienced some type of psychotic break before. Billy just had his own nonsensical DID a few years back lol.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I wasn’t against Adrianne Leon’s casting per se, only because she had Traci’s build and there were some potential but missed opportunities to have a body positive character, that would be the inverse of where Traci was at that age. But the writing was awful during Leon’s tenure in the role, only exceeded by the atrocious writing in Tammin Sursok’s time (plus she was completely wrong for the role). Even if in a reduced role, I wished they would have worked something out with Lyndsy Fonseca to show up occasionally especially seeing as Fonseca’s performance abilities got considerably sharper over the years and she and Luckinbill have great onscreen chemistry, the were really good together on that television series based on La Femme Nikita.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Cut the crap autocorrect!

• Members

@Khan I was wrong, our next big story looks to be finding a new nanny for Harrison!

My purely uneducated speculative guess is Summer is going to end up being resentful/distrustful of newfound cuz Eve/Claire once she learns the whole story while Kyle ends up sleeping with Claire. 

Speaking of Harrison, did JG have a bad childhood? Both Harrison and Connor appeared today as quiet, very moody, and reserved kids. It was awkward to watch. Made me actually yearn of all those annoying kids on GL and ATWT back in the late 90s.