Y&R: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I feel like Sally lost so much of her luster during that whole Nick/Adam thing. Personally, I I'm so over Adam at this point. The actor is great, but the character is just feeling one-note and redundant at this point. I sort of feel the same way about Billy. In many ways Billy and Adam are almost written as the same character type.

It would be a great idea to write Adam, Chelsea, and Connor out at the same time. Have them move to Europe or such. I can't understand why Chelsea has lasted this long, either.

• Members

3-20

Thank you @Soapsuds for the heads-up. As much as I've liked Claire's arc, yeeeeah they just don't do standalone well on this show most often than not. I even took in a peek and NO. Good to see next week will be more of my cup of tea. 

But this week? I don't know whether to call it a dumpster fire or just a mess. 

I guess the biggest stories this week was the Jordan storyline and the Ashley story. 

I enjoyed Nikki, Victoria, and Claire vs Jordan. Some of the direction in the scenes was quite good. I liked how HK and MTS played it. But Jordan choosing death over prison...uhhhhh? Seems like a waste when this show could use a schemer who comes in and out and can go toe to toe with Victor.

And Ashley's story. I like we are getting to the point where the other Abbotts are finally noticing that something is off with her. Kyle. Billy. The Shirley Temple. lol. So now Ashley has a kid persona. And a new one coming, too. I still can't believe this is over an argument in Paris, but at least the story is moving.

So what are Chance and Nate up to with Devon vs Billy? 

God to see per the next week promo that the only other story that I like is not over yet. 

• Members

Monday 3/25, back to reality!

As far as Lily/Daniel/Heather while I’m glad to see Lily finally get to unleash some rage against Heather, the whole thing feels a tad underwhelming. Disappointed about “Daily 3.0” falling apart, but I get the notion with the aftermath the show wasn’t actually fully invested in them aside from nostalgic purposes and have become an afterthought. It’ll probably be a full month before we see these three again. 

I had thought Danny & Christine had already left town, so nice to see them having a romp before they actually do leave, and a nice nostalgic reunion in time for the show’s 51st anniversary tomorrow.

However, that coffeehouse folk song that played over their love making scenes was embarrassingly bad…it sounded like a song that would’ve played in the background at Crimson Lights during the Latham or MAB era. 

Phyllis pulling the fire alarm was so childish and pathetic LOL. Today’s show proved how pointless Phyllis is anymore. 

I like the bond between Nikki, Claire, and Victoria, it’s actually some actual warmth feeing we haven’t seen with Newmans in like two decades. 

The show’s ending with the Jordan reveal should have been last Wednesday’s cliffhanger. 

• Members

How rich to listen to Devon chastise Daniel about working with and living around Lily now that Daniel and Heather's cheating has come out. How hard it will be for Lily to see Daniel and Heather at work, and to see them in the same apartment building where all they live (that Devon owns) every day.

Hmmm, kind of just like how the cheaters Devon and Abby are working every day around Chance, and living the in Chancellor manse. Don't think that's hard on Chance, Devon? I love Devon, but come on. Freaking hypocrite.

• Members

So true, and it’s actually pretty annoying as well. Devon has zero room to be judgmental  as he has caused even worse emotional and physical damage before. I think it’s why my opinion of Devon has lowered a bit over the years lol.

Onto 3/26, Y&R’s 51st anniversary…

I‘m liking the new Sally/Audra friendship and Audra definitely looked pretty in pink. Another highlight is Nate/Audra. 

In our throwback to 1996 story of the day, actually Phyllis having a miserable ending was fitting while Danny and Cricket went on with their romp. Phyllis mentioned it was too early for champagne, just how early in the day was it?

Where exactly is the story about Connor going? Because shipping Connor off to some institution sounds a bit much.

Where exactly is Ashley’s split personality story going as well? The whole thing reeks of a poorly thought out story idea that didn’t fully make it out of development stage. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Devon has absolutely zero room to ever be judgemental on this show after his various cheating escapades on this show with and against his own family.

I wouldn’t even mind Ashley having a mental breakdown if it was actually over something important. The fight in Paris wasn’t even the first time we’ve seen Tucker raise his voice but somehow this time it just snapped Ashley into a million pieces.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

It's plain to see that MS is enjoying playing this awful version of Phyllis. I mean, why not, she should enjoy it. It's what they are giving her to work with.

I remember when she left to go to GH for that stint, MS said she was burned out on Phyllis after playing her for 20 years and wanted something new. I loved her finessing the new Nina Reeves character and still wished she played it to this day. She has no choice but to play Phyllis as written, so I say she should have all the fun she can with it. I'm sick of everyone hating on Phyllis instead of just accepting this crap writing.

But MS at the bar flailing her champagne glass around, claiming to "wipe Danny and the Bug out of her life" was hilarious.

• Members

The character of Phyllis really does feel directionless at this point. After faking her death, she's been written into a corner. 

For the story to make any sense at all, it would have to be something much bigger than the fight with Tucker...something that probably goes back to her childhood. Abuse is often the reason people develop DID. Which then would beg the question how long have all of these alters been around and have then "come to the surface" before?

• Members
Posted (edited)

Stafford's Nina was basically an off-brand even nuttier version of the early crazy Phyllis. There was no there there, her first couple years in particular were wildly unpopular and the character should not have continued long-term; even today with the talented Cynthia Watros it struggles to have any purpose. Nina only lasted because the executive regime at GH refused to give up on star names from CBS.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Exactly.

But when MS left Y&R, I was thrilled to see her turn up at GH. She is soap opera gold, I don't care what they do with her.

Never cared for Watros, but she certainly owns this ridiculous Nina character now.