GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I thought Lexi said there were personal reasons she left.  That could all be BS, but it sounded mutual?  They barely used LA anyway, so I could see her just wanting to move on to the next chapter of her life.  I personally think they kept HP on as long as they did because LA looked so young and so did HP so it worked.   I remember being super skeeved out when Molly had a one night stand with Brando lol.

Jordan is a very stunning looking woman.  That's about the only positive I have.   Her looking the same age as TJ and talking about being a grandma is off putting to say the least.  I do acknowledge that Olivia and Dante look the same age as well though.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A lot of people feel like Lexi Ainsworth's exit was not mutual; I believe there was a discussion between Ainsworth & TPTB, and the agreement was for her to exit. That's my POV on the situation, and I also take Ainsworth's word that she was pursuing other opportunities for her own story to be told (as well as auditioning for The Young and the Restless). And Molly sleeping with Brando felt... off, mostly because Haley Pullos & Johnny Wactor just did not fit visually. It felt like an adult sleeping with a child.

Another downside of SORASing TJ with the casting of Tajh Bellow, who again, should have been Tom Hardy Jnr, and they could have not aged TJ up.

• Members

I wouldn't be shocked if LA was fired.  At the very least GH let her give her own spin on it, as they should after her years there. 

HP is over a decade younger than Wactor, who looks almost his 40 years as well.  Such an odd decision.  And, yes, it did look like he was sleeping with a teenager.

I have been told a few times they didn't de-age Jordan, but TH looks young.  TB is good and should have been Tom Hardy Jr.  TBH, I would have broken up TJ/Molly years ago because they really aren't a compelling pairing.  Although there is something earnest and rare for a teen couple to last this long without any relatively huge issues.

I mean, she's 31.  She just looks young, but she can't really help that lol

• Members

It absolutely looked like it, and I think that's why it was so unsettling to watch. I didn't hate Molly sleeping with someone else, but Brando felt randomly inserted somewhere she shouldn't have been.

The ages of the Jordans are as follows:

• Vinessa Antoine (40)
  • Briana Nicole Henry (32)
  • Tiffany Daniels (43)
  • Tanisha Harper (38)

So, with Harper's casting, the role was de-aged by two-years from Anotine, but aged back up four from Henry.

And I agree, re: Molly & TJ. It's endearing they've lasted this long, but it also is a bit off-putting more has not shaken them up more as a couple. I'm all for long-term pairing but I also enjoy the shakeup every now and again, like what Dante & Lulu experienced between her [recast] memory loss, and Valerie's insertion.

• Members

The show also paired her with people that looked years older than her.  Kiefer looked like he was 25 at 15.  Ethan?  Looked 10 years older than her and I actually don't think there was that much of an age difference.  Parker?  Get out.  Why would you pair LA with a woman that is a decade and a half older than her?   I really do understand she looks like a teenager, but the show didn't actually ever try to cast a love interest around that.

• Members

Yikes!  BNH was way too young!!

Vinessa Antoine had more presence and gravitas than Tanisha Harper does so I believed she could be TJ's mom.  Idk, when you are on recast 4 of a character it might be time for a long character rest.

Molly & TJ spent so long happy off screen there was never a chance to give them story lol.

• Members

Well, Daniels was a pinch hit for Henry, who was out due to COVID. But she did well. And honestly, the writing for Harper's Jordan is vastly different from Anotine. I am hopeful Mulcahey & Korte do something with her, otherwise, she can be cut in six months. And yes, Henry was too young for the role. Far too young.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Good episode today

So Jason’s been a mercenary working for Jagger and something is being held over his head to keep him on mission. I’m intrigued by the mystery of it all.

SB did great work once again when Jason told Michael about the first time Bobbie put Michael in his hands. He’s much more committed as an actor this go around which is nice. 

No matter how mundane the scene set up Finola Hughes is always on, what a great actress. I liked her and Molly putting their heads together.

Sam, Kristina and Danny scenes were good too

Drew and Willow have a little chemistry, them messing around would shake her and Michael up in an interesting way.

Sonny and Lois scenes were good. If Rena isn’t interested in being front burner utilizing Lois as the level headed talk to works for me. Looks like she’ll be the first to sniff out whatever Ava is up to.