GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

For a long while I was not interested in the tweens & teens & frankly couldn't necessarily tell which was which. But now they've caught my interest.

Before of the kids, I liked James, Leo & Donna. Period.

As I'm sure everyone knows & did & still do detest Violet. I dream of her being in a car with her Grandpa & there being a terrible accident leaving them both dead. Or of Hayden coming & getting the child & going away with her! 

Now I find I am feeling interest in Danny, Jake, Aidan & Rocco. I'd like to meet Tobias. I love that the boys have crushes on Blaze. 

I left out Scout & Avery & Georgie. They're just beige to me.

I left out Charlotte. That was on purpose. 

It's weird to me that besides Donna I only like boys. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I still have a hard time telling Rocco, Danny, Jake, etc apart.  There are a lot of teen boys, but not many teen girls.  I guess Georgie and Charlotte, but Charlotte is a demon.  

Violet can go live with her mother off screen forever.

James and Donna are both adorable, especially my cutie Donna.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Oh, there are way too many kids and at least half need to be off the show. I still can't believe Maxie has three when she didn't even need one. Donna and Avery should not exist, let alone Scout. Violet and Charlotte should be sent to the Shadow Realm.

And it's not like the new boys are some amazing rising teen scene either lol. It's way too soon if the boys playing Danny or Rocco are any good, though I think they've shown a little promise. What I do like for now though is the new writing has taken pains to try to make their personalities a bit different and make them stand out. Even the afterschool special aspect with the vape plot point goes to some character building with the green new Danny and Jake getting to know the tiresome Michael Easton. So it's a nice start. But not some huge deal.

Edited by Vee

• Members

If they didn't just decide to give the teens a distinct personality last week I would have more to say.   IMO, all these teens are almost too young to build a story on.  You can have a younger teen like KMc or JJ, but you need some teens a little older to start anything relevant.  

• Members

I don't think there is much to say yet. So I wouldn't overhype them, is my point (not to you). But I do think you might as well start somewhere, and last week is as good as any. It's not like we saw much of them to begin with until now. I don't mind them using younger teens though, I'm used to it with Lucky and Robin and some of the OLTL youth in the '90s. I would argue they were all relevant even if they weren't in hot and heavy romance automatically.

• Members

Yes, Robin and Lucky were relevant, but I am thinking a bit larger as far as age gaps.  Everyone is the same age here.  I think you do need some junior or seniors in high school to build the first layer and those characters can be in hot and heavy love triangles.  You can even bring in new characters ala Jagger and Karen.   I just think you should go all in on the teens or just send them to boarding school for a bit.  Since it is a new regime I am not going to rag on it too much, but I do think there needs to be a plan.  Age some teens, bring some in, get rid of some, etc.  There are a boatload of kids to develop here.

• Members

I couldn't help but try and imagine Robin Mattson as Heather today in her scenes with Laura. The emotional weight of that scene just wasn't the same without her. Nice to have it all the same.

You have to laugh at Jason being a bad father the first chance he could. 

I'm very thankful Sam got to finally change out of that hideous top.

• Members

For some reason, this discussion about Camp Port Charles* is reminding me of that Russell Banks novel where an entire town is devastated after a bunch of kids are killed in a school bus crash.

(*Because, let's be honest, when you have that many kids running around, you're not a town anymore, you're a sleepaway camp.)

• Members

I respect the effort of using some the tweens now and really enjoyed them with the various adults. Days literally has only two teenage characters and I don’t think Y&R has any at all. So I don’t hate it so far. 

• Members

Believe it or not, that day camp exists canonically in the show thanks to Ron Carlivati and his various successors. I give you "LIla's Kids".

Please register in order to view this content

Joss (staring dourly in the back) later went on to become a counselor there with Eden McCoy in the role. I believe they still mention it fairly often.