GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I mean I wasn't a fan of any of it because I hate Jason, but I will give it to Steve and KT, they had chemistry and it was a hot love scene lol.

I do think Kelly Monaco has been working hard lately these last couple weeks, but I think Sam is as played out a character as Jason.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is going to feel weird to say, but similar to Robin, I just think Sam has moved on as a person since Jason.  It was fun and games and motorcycle rides in the beginning, but now she has kids, Dante, and stability.  There is no reason for her to take steps back.  Carly is the only one idiotic enough for that.

• Members
Posted (edited)

No, I agree. I've said that before; she made that clear choice onscreen in 2012, after he first 'died.' And it was a smart choice and I admired it. Her going back never made sense to me, not with her son or daughter. I agree she's over it and has been for many years (and probably should've stayed with Drew). I don't care about her relationship with Dante but I am glad she's evolved. I also think she should probably leave the show, but I have many other people I think should do that first lol.

As for today, here are some long-winded crossposted thoughts.  I have never bought T.J. Version IDK let alone Cyborg Jordan, and today is no exception. Tajh Bellow is a decent actor but it is too late for me to care about this character again. And Jordan, who I've never had much use for, cannot vanish fast enough for me with this terrible actress. Both of them can dip, along with Molly and Sasha and many others. Anything that writes this crew out works for me.

My boy Jake's latest hairstyle needs work but at least he isn't rocking the Jason Morgan 'do anymore. I liked the brownstone set detail in the background across the street outside Liz's entryway, it at least makes you a bit more inclined to believe this set which bears almost no resemblance really is Thee Brownstone like they expect us to. Jake looks as enthused at Michael Easton appearing on the scene as I am at this point. But the scenes with that group were mature and nice enough at least. I love the various adults mixing it up with different kids and how they're carefully re-threading the family/friend relationships in ways this show just generally has not bothered with - Carly, Alexis and Liz with Danny, even Easton with Jake is all smart stuff other people wouldn't think of. They did the same at Scout's party with Alexis and Drew, Jason's boys with Kristina and Blaze and Willow, etc. As I said before they've already taken pains to start delineating Danny and Rocco as different personalities, which is huge and something this show almost never does anymore. The kid playing Danny is green but has some presence, he's not a walking nightmare like that twink who played Oscar. Hudson West is still the only younger player who comes anywhere close to Kimberly or JJ to me, but his material is not as strong as the other boys atm. Regardless there's no time like the present with this stuff, and it's intelligently done and adds community texture. And we've all discussed how nice it is to let Anna actually be smart.

Kirsten Storms is having a good time being here for the first time in a long while, and for the first time in a long while I'm feeling the same watching her. The Spixie stuff is consistently fun to watch for me, which is a weird thing to say as someone who stopped being able to tolerate them around 2010.

They are never going to convince me milquetoast Sasha is the Face of Deception, especially not when she keeps turning up in this 1996 minidress ensemble.

Starting to think again this is tied into the WSB and/or government. That two-man team on the roof didn't seem like the mob, and why would Jason not just come in when Anna asked? The one thing I don't buy is Sonny turning on Jason this fast, not unless he's off his meds or still harboring resentment re: Jason/Carly 2021, or preferably both.

Edited by Vee

• Members

IKR.

I think that was another thing I was surprised by with those scenes. That they were and truly was THAT good.

The taste.

Please register in order to view this content

But thank you.  

OOooh she was. And they did. Even Steve came to life and that shirt came off. Everyone was shocked here at how much chemistry. And it was unexpected and they even got a slow burn...before writing interference of course.

Just cause it's been a minute....mmmmm BRENDA...hehe.

• Members

Well, there is a fan theory that when we last saw her she was lying in a hospital bed & it appeared to them that she was breathing, if shallowly. Then the theory continues that Liesl has her spirited off somewhere to keep her till she can cure her. Then the Memorial, where there was no body, was a sham.  ... 

But, yes, Britt is dead. Her picture is up on that wall outside the hospital chapel. She saved Joss from an attack by The Hook but succumbed to it herself. Liesl and Brad & I took her death really hard. 

• Members

Let us review the episode counts of Kristina on this show:

Lexi Ainsworth (contract)

2009- 86 episodes

2010- 117 episodes

2011- 88 episodes

Lindsey Morgan

2012- 58 episodes

2013- 18 episodes

Lexi Ainsworth (recurring)

2015- 9 episodes

2016- 58 episodes

2017- 22 episodes

2018- 25 episodes

2019- 56 episodes

2020- 8 episodes

2021- 10 episodes

2022- 12 episodes

2023- 5 episodes

Kate Mansi

2023- 55 episodes

With the talented Kate Mansi playing her, I want Kristina to get back to where Lexi Ainsworth was in 2009-2011.

• Members

Yup! Plus, her pairing with Patrick was long-requested from the fans (at least from what I saw on social media), and it is clear: Kelly Monaco has chemistry with a lot of other men on the canvas. Hell, even her relationship with Greg Vaughan's Lucky was a nice change of pace. It kind of reminded me when Sabine Singh's Greenlee was paired with Aidan Devane. But, it feels like there is someone there behind-the-scenes (like Disney-ABC Television Studios) demanding she be latched to Steve Burton's leg. At least when Billy Miller was cast as Jason (a vast improvement over Burton) it felt different, because it was clear there were attempts to return Jason Quartermaine in a sense, and then Burton quit The Young and the Restless and was quickly scooped back up. And, honestly, the way his return should have been written is that Burton was Drew and Miller remained Jason. That would have been a much more intense storyline; Carly, Sam & Sonny all loving Miller's Jason, yet there's this man with Jason's old face (Burton) and it creates an emotional conflict. That would have been a story to tell, and I honestly think Miller would have stayed on the soap. Instead, they bent to satisfy Burton and Burton only. And it was abundantly clear: Monaco looked disinterested in being re-paired with Burton, especially during the D.U.D. storyline.

Tajh Bellow should have come on at Thomas "TJ" Hardy Jnr, and they should have simply retired the character of TJ Ashford. Age-wise, he's a bit younger than what Tommy Jnr should be but, it's still relatively fine, and it would have given Elizabeth a genuine family member.

For the first time in a long-ass time (since Ryan Paevey's Nathan), I genuinely feel like Kirsten Storms is being properly paired, and the scenes yesterday (which I strongly suspect were not written by the exiting regime) felt nicely written and really character-driven. If it's a genuine hint at what's to come from the incoming regime? I'm very excited about it, then.

Oh see, I liked Hudson West in the beginning, but since around the time of Charlotte entering into his orbit I feel as if he's gotten... worse? I will say he's better than serial killer James Nigbor. I'm really enjoying Asher Antonyzyn as Danny, Enzo De Angelis as Aidan (who I need more of), and the recently returned as Finn Francis Carr as Rocco. Carr is green, but I feel like if he were given more material he would really grow into the role. But for the love of fücking God, I know you don't like Britt but the one thing she did right was name that poor child Ben. I just hope the new regime focused on the next generation and graduates the current scene from where they are.

• Members

I have been pleasantly surprised. First thing, right off, Steve Burton brought it to the table in a way I have never seen him do. There were tears in his eyes threatening to spill out. There was a catch in his voice. LW was bringing it, too. This is all one very very long day & night. 

Backing up, we saw him first on the roof, at a skylight, where his seeming partner was setting up, sniper style, to shoot Sonny. We saw Jason jostle the sniper's arm just at the moment of the kill shot. So we know he saved Sonny at that moment. Later we learned that Sonny literally has a hole in his jacket. That's how close a call it was. 

Down on the dock suddenly there are Feds & PCPD everywhere. A raid! Chase & Dante give way running after two persons they see up on the roof. Dante tells Chase to wait there for back-up & pursues alone. Two shots ring out. Dante falls. Jason comes back. Shoots his partner as his partner shoots him. Jason administers emergency first aid to Dante & calls 911. When he heard the sirens he leaves but he leaves the phone, still on with the 911 operator, by Dante's body. So, we know Jason has returned as a savior. 

Joss & Sexy Dexy arrive & take in the scene. Can tell someone had already begun to take care of Dante. They pick it up from there. So, when Chase arrives, they are doing chest compressions & rescue breathing. Paramedics arrive. They take Dante. 

Anna & IAmJohn have questions for Chase & for Jex. IAmJohn finds a camera. They trace the camera to Spinelli. 

At Spinelli's Closet he & Maxie have just seen a ghost on the footage. JASON! The Feds & cops knock loudly on the closet door. Although they try to resist they end up giving the footage to the cops/Feds. 

• Members

As much as I have enjoyed Jason’s return so far, I have to say my FF button got a workout on Monday’s ep. So the new regime clearly has some work to do, but I am optimistic that they are up to the task. Monday also felt more like leftover material of the prior team minus the Jason stuff. It felt more choppy too.

The Jason umbrella storyline is working. But eventually other stories need to be told for the other characters.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Lord knows I am no KeMo fan, but I think she has enough connections and purpose to stick around for the time being.  I can't remember the last useful thing Sam did, but she's not top 10 on my list of people to go.

I like T.J.  I always have and I even liked him with Willow.  I think TB is worth using more.  ModelJordan can go though.   TJ and Jordan look the exact same age.

KS just does better with more light hearted material.  It's clear she likes this stuff more than the awful stories she's been saddled with the last decade.  Her and BA work nicely together.  I was over Spixie as well when they broke up, but I have always thought it was Maxie's best pairing and I am currently enjoying them

Sasha is very pretty but 100% agree.  She gives no supermodel/spokesperson vibes.  She gives me prettiest girl in her small Midwest town vibes.  She doesn't have 1/10 the personality of Gia or Brenda, so I have no idea why people would buy makeup from her.

I'd say more about the teens, but the minute they start talking about that vape pen I zone out lol. 

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Idk, none of the boys have stood out for me yet and I can't stand Charlotte.  I know a vape story is relevant, but it's zzzzzzzzzzzzz to me.  Rocco is probably my favorite so far, but we will see how Danny reacts to Jason.  I am pretty neutral on the teens now.  I need more data to make a final decision.  With all the gun violence and back from the deads in Port Charles, it's no wonder someone needs to vape lol.