DAYS: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree that Corday was right to sue her. He has a soft spot for her which is why he brought her back a few years later. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Scott Reeves was controlling her career at that point. He was on Y&R at the time and I suspect he wanted her on B&B since it films at the same studio, thus allowing him to keep an eye on him.

Days actually tried to bring her back sooner than 2000. Matt Ashford was approached to return but it was squashed when Missy declined to return (this comes from a fan who heard it from Matt at a fan event). If Missy hadn’t returned in 2000 we never would have gotten Matt back, and he’s my favourite Days actor. 

Edited by Lye-C

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree with you both.

For sure, if DAYS survives past this, I think many actors will think twice before agreeing to join or rejoin the cast, which, IMO, will shrink their talent pool even further.

• Members

It's being posted that Annalynne McCord is going to be the recast Nicole. But a quick google shows that she has been hired to play a character named Marin. She is gorgeous though and does have a "Nicole" look to her. No idea what is true or not.

Ari IS Nicole. I've only been watching for about 12 years, but she has been one of my faves on this show. Hate to see her leave.

• Members

Hey, we got a Black Patch set! 

I do like John and Steve scenes. They do work well together, despite the occasional hammy acting. And I think I might actually like this storyline a little bit if it made more sense. And if Konstantin wasn’t an annoying pain in the ass. It should been tied to Stefano somehow instead of just Victor.

Sloan was a raging bitch today, but I don’t mind it. I like that there’s an added dynamic to that storyline. IMO, adding more to the storyline makes it more unpredictable and that’s always a good thing. I wonder if Ron was planning on writing it this way. I’m curious to see how everything is going to play out.

I’m also interested in Tate’s angry letter to Brady. I wish we had seen it. It could lead to something really good happening once Tate comes back. It adds more notes and dynamic to this storyline as well. 

And, even though we’ve known about it for months now, I’m still not prepared for tomorrow’s episode. And Monday’s too.

As for what’s happening offscreen, I just hope everything works out for everyone involved. 

• Members

No, that's not being posted. It began with people saying 'I wonder if Annalynne McCord is a Nicole recast' which quickly morphs into 'there's a rumor that Annalynne McCord is a Nicole recast!' and then finally to 'look, she has the same blonde hair she's always had! Definitely a Nicole recast!'

• Members

I thought it was an interesting DAYS today. I was into Steve & John & learned, not surprised, that John shouldn't have met with K alone. I continue to be fascinated at Theresa. Sloan was predictable. I'm not sure why but I don't like Steph & Everett. Nearly fell over when she mentioned a Pulitzer.  

I haven't seen any spoilers, so it's about to happen? 

And, about the lawsuit, I fully expected this to happen & I even thought it might be Ari because of how outspoken she was during the fan campaign. I won't be surprised if someone else takes action, too. 

• Members

AnneLynne is 13 years younger than Ari so I hope she is not a Nicole recast. Do I think there is one yes and itll be announced right before she takes over

Maybe AnneLynne is a sloan recast

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised if Martha Madison sued.  She allegedly seemed to be one of the worst affected by Alarr.

Anyhow, I don't think there is any evidence Annalynne McCord is a recast anyone lol.  JS may not be the best actress, but I think she does a good job as Sloan-no need to recast.  And I doubt the show would recast Nicole at this point.  I don't think it would be very good optics to replace AZ with an actress several years younger than her while she's suing lol.