DAYS: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Apparently, in the DAYS universe, there's no proactive mind control treatment.  She could cure The Pawn and Robo-John, but that's not insurance against future tarot card attacks.  I think the writers are playing to the actor's strengths whenever they write John with a blank gaze.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I feel like Suzanne Rogers at some point started being ignored by some writers. Then she never caught back up after they did something with her again & she became Victor's wife. 

So, today was like a pre-Valentine's sex & romance day. And both Abe/Paulina and Chanel/Johnny said "always and forever." Stephanie has sure gotten a lot of action. Tripp was hilarious being so protective of his mothers, also a bit silly. But, at the same time it does I think give us insight into the way he views her, so idyllic, so traditional. 

And, blast it if we're not back to tarot cards & triggers. I'm going to have to work extra hard at suspending my disbelief so I don't shout at the screen, "Too hokey!" So now we have PawnJohn who can be turned off & on like a switch. 

But, I guess it was a good DAYS

Oh, one more thing. I strongly feel we need a name for Abe without memory, maybe Abeless?

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

Anything to make this all be over would be great

Must be a pretty sad life lol if some random nobody can put you under their control with only a card and there’s no way to stop that

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Alex and Kristen?

I don’t really know about them as a pairing, but at the same time, it would be great to have Kristen finally be over Brady. She definitely needs something different to do.

I’m guessing that one of these two new cops is Clyde’s mole in the department. I kinda like the way that it doesn’t seem too obvious yet. 

And yeah, Clyde just needs to die. It’s well passed the time. Days really needs to move away from villains like this, in general. These fake ass Stefano’s and Victor’s are not gonna work, no matter what’s written for them. There are plenty of characters already on the canvas that can be the villain and drive story.

I’m still liking the way everything is written though, even though sometimes it might get a little boring lol. Everything’s being taken seriously and not treated like some big, campy joke. 

• Members

It is an excellent point.  Because they could've written any drug dealer for the story, and it would still work.  The fact that Clyde killed Abby is a minor issue in the plot, and without Ben or Jordan, Clyde is not very relevant. 

DAYS has overestimated the appeal that we want to see the same characters continuously recycled.

Also, DAYS being DAYS, the introduction of new cops (while poor Sgt. Mustache flails in the background) indicates that we'll know the “dirty” cop by the end of the week.

Edited by j swift

• Members

It’s like they’re under the delusion that they need them in order to have these short term story arcs, and they really don’t. Plus, for a show that so cash strapped, it makes more sense to get rid of characters like Clyde, Konstantin, Orpheus, etc. instead of constantly bringing them back and using up whatever money the show has on them. I imagine James Read doesn’t come that cheap either lol 

They are plenty of characters on the canvas already who can be the villain, especially when all these secrets come out. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Clyde, this mastermind criminal, just leaves his illegal phone on the loudest vibrate setting ever and brings it into a visit with Chad and Everett.  There is a silent setting Clyde.  I would think that would be helpful for you!

• Members

I love James Reade when he's been in a good role but Clyde isn't now & if you ask me, never was. Given the value, he ought to be bargain basement priced but I'm sure he's not! And, they continue to try to make us think he is some powerful dude everyone fears. NOT. 

• Members

I'm not enjoying DAYS at all.

I think it's low energy, dated, and boring, and there's not a single storyline I care to see played out. The villains are pathetic and ridiculous.

Things were bad with Ron's writIng, but this is no better. By the time he returns with his so-called exciting stories, the audience might be smaller than ever.

• Members

It is a hollow threat to yell at Clyde that he'll rot in jail, when he's already rotting in prison.

One assumes a murder conviction is a longer sentence than drug dealing.

Also, does Abe have sex in a t-shirt?

And, Harris was awful with the female cop.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Idk about this new reveal with Ava and Harris. On the one hand, I don’t really like it but on the other hand, it adds more layers to these characters and could lead to something interesting happening. I just hope it’s all used effectively.

Btw, Ava’s top was so ugly

The storyline is stupid, but I liked the conversation that John and Marlena had. It’s always nice to see them be there for each other. 

I liked the Kayla/Stephanie scenes too. 

I agree, things have gotten a little boring lol maybe a certain fired guy decided that he was going to wreck the show on his way out. I just really hope the payoff is worth all this build up. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

It seems to me that TB is just getting better every single day. Not sure what that's about. Could be the writing or I guess it could be the actress. Burton didn't even bother me today & that is a rare event! To be celebrated. 

Obviously he is going to try to act natural around Doc. I'm sure he would spare her of any concern on his behalf if he could.

I pretty much like Steph with either of her parents. It's just the never-ending cycle of men who are in love with her that kinda gets to me. I can't see anything about her that would explain all that action!!

I wasn't bored today! I guess every little positive counts. 

But I am not looking forward to seeing Burton on two shows! Not till March. No sense buying trouble now.

I am still so tickled that Janet showed Burton the door! For a first act by her, as far as what i've read about, that was an excellent decision on her part. WTG, Janet!