DAYS: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Don Frabotta, Gloria Loring, Denise Alexander, ... all good suggestions, I think, but no idea what they would or wouldn't try to make happen. As for when, Doug is alive on the show as of July 11th. That was announced as his last air date. So a memorial is many many months away. 

• Members

I pretty much agree with you. The scab writers are doing a better job of writing for the characters but the pairings Ron left them are boring and uninteresting.

The scabs paused their best story and now were left with nothing. That's why I'm no longer watching Days.

• Members

I really seriously appreciate this factor! 

I was wondering what you thought about how sexy the show has been with love scenes. Did you drop off before those couple of DAYS? It's seemed more to me like a streaming show because of how hot the sex scenes have been. 

• Members

My impression is that the show is not sexy enough given that it is on streaming.  I'm not asking for nudity, and I recognize that last year's three-way with Alex, Chanel, and Allie would probably not have made it to air on NBC.  However, last week's scene between Ava and Stefan was still pretty chaste.  As I noted yesterday, Abe is having sex with his tee shirt on.  And Alex and Theresa just smooch on the sofa.  As single adults, it seems immature that Alex is this upset about Theresa just kissing Brady, rather than how uninhibited she really would have been, considering that she was rolling on molly.

I wouldn't be opposed to slightly extended love scenes, a bit more adult language, and tinge more skin. I know that the backstage drama was not conducive to actors feeling safe while performing more risqué scenes, but we were promised more adult content when it moved to Peacock. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

"Boring and uninteresting" says it all.

And let me complain -- again -- about the soaps making "journalism" a big deal. Chad and Everett working for The Spectator feels like some 1980 flashback. It's so dated that it's embarrassing. When I see this kind of thing, all I can think of is that it's time to kill off all the soaps. No one's even trying.

• Members

I don't think we really know what it means. Maybe they'll reach an agreement before a trial -- giving Arianne compensation + a new contract. Maybe Sony will play hardball.

If execs care about the show, they'll bring back Zucker -- one of DAYS' best actors in history. But do they care? I'm not sure they do.

• Members

I hope this works out for Ari. She deserves to be on the show. 

Personally, I wasn’t bored either but I could totally understand if some people would be. 

It was like a pearl necklace exploded and stuck itself to the fabric

Please register in order to view this content