GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

That's fine if that's her wish and I do respect her beliefs.  I am just not sure why she is on a soap if that's her way of thinking.  If the show allows it, though, I can't really say much.

I don't think what Sonny did was rape.  It was just very exploitative and a villian move, but I think Karen is the main motivator in Jagger's hatred.   John/Jagger treated Karen like crap too and I expect he has guilt himself because she's dead and taking it out on Sonny.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am admittedly a little behind. Didn't you say these Olivia/Lois scenes last week were suspect, Caroline? This all feels of a theme/piece with the New Year's stuff with Sonny and Lois - like a clear setup by O'Connor and Van Etten to pair Mo and Rena, with Olivia haranguing her about her loyalty to Sonny and Lois so aggro with Nina who she barely knows. Like you I don't remember Lois ever being this permissive with Sonny. Hard pass.

BTW: What exactly is Nina doing in this Metro Court office space lol? She is sitting at a desk but I'm pretty sure she does not yet have a new job. I know Valentin made her an offer for a startup but I didn't think she'd accepted yet.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yes!  The things Olivia was saying about Lois needing Sonny's approval was so strange!! This is a woman who once convinced Sonny's girlfriend to wear a wire on him to get Sonny in trouble because he was breaking the law.  Lois loves Sonny as an old friend, but she never compromised on his bad behavior.  As far as Nina, I could see her disliking her on principle or to have some solidarity with Brenda or something, but she just hates her to hate her which is weird.   I feel weird vibes from it all and I hope they move away from the Lois/Sonny thought when PM and Korte take over.

• Members

It does.  And I honestly don't think it's the worst idea in the world.  They do have chemistry.  It just strongly goes against everything Lois represents, but Lesli Kay's Lois did date Alcazar so I am not even sure where Lois is at as a character or a person.  The only real frame of reference we have about Lois's love life for all these years is that she married Ned and felt that was a disaster and is fine with Olivia marrying him.

• Members

I also think they still have chemistry, but I just have zero interest in watching Rena be wasted on that because that's exactly what would happen especially with these (thankfully) departing writers and the character would continue to be compromised. Mo can barely get up to half his best speed on a good day as is.

• Members

Don't get me started on what's been done with Anna over the years. I've said it many times; they've made her too soft and weepy too often, and too chummy with Sonny, etc. because the show has gone out of its way since 2012 to make it clear over and over that Anna is cool with Sonny so the audience should be too. Mo and Finola liking each other off-camera is not a good excuse. I love Anna and I hate how weak she's become re: Sonny, Valentin, etc.

• Members

Well, I agree, but I'd also like to add in Ava. Been there, done that, don't need to revisit it. Avery is a delight & that's enough of that. It's reached the point now where when Sonny is around any female, even if she should be in the Friend Zone, we all worry that it's a chem test. 

• Members

It is strange because in her first run, you could argue that sometimes she was even quite cold. And it worked for me and made Anna a far more credible spy than Robert.

Anna is probably my favorite GH character, so her crying over that wimp Valentine was just laughable.

• Members

I've often felt Finola leans into the more emotional, soppy material since returning into the 2010s because she wants more vulnerability for Anna and enjoys playing with some scene partners. I can understand that to a point, and I could understand her being emotional in the Robin saga in that early period in 2012-13. But no one plays a cold operator like Finola, and Anna is just too hardcore for me to buy into all the weeping over Valentin, etc. and the cozy scenes with guys like Sonny. The Scorpios should both have a hard line on him.