David/Dixie reunite on AMC

• Members

Rule #1-NEVER Trust a single word out of McTrash's mouth.

Rule #2-Soap Operas don't write characters delusional..........well, except those who are named Janet from another Planet and/or end up in the looney bin and/or end up drugged heavily.

Rule #3-Heavy Handed foreshadowing.

Rule #4- This is where it applies to Dixie and David so I'll start listing the obvious signs of a love-re-connection:

a) Whilst stuck in the rubble of the Mardi Gras Ball explosion and hearing David's voice, Dixie remembers fondly of her love for David.

B) She keeps saying stuff like "I can't believe I used to love you"

c) He doesn't give a flyin' flip about why she chose to "remain" dead for the last 4-years nor about her secrets.

d) She did not slap him when he kissed her in the Chandler Garden after JR/Babe re-married.

e) There is no way in hell that there is not going to be some kind of fall out for Dixie not returning to Pine Valley and her family ASAP after she recovered from her near fatal car accident over 4 years ago. Kate being alive and her tracking down Dr. Greg Madden to find out where her baby girl is..........is NOT a sufficent enough of an "excuse" for Dixie to have remained dead and have her half-sister keep the fact that she was still alive a sceret all this time without an explanation. Di has resources, Tad has resources, David has resources, JR has resources, Palmer has resources, almost everyone in Pine Valley has resources that Dixie is well aware of that could have helped her find Kate. She's hiding more than that.

f) She has to not only make clear that Kate is her daughter but it's her daughter with Tad.

g) She acts all blaise about David knowing she's alive. She keeps pushing her luck by not only staying in Pine Valley but going around the town within plain sight.

h) David calls and she comes a running, she is affected by the memories of good times with David, and the fact that David lashes out when rejected by Dixie.

Technically speakin', rejected could refer to a one time thing and about making love.........not that she'll choose Tad in the end. I think even though Di will have consequences for keeping the fact that she knew Dixie was alive for so long, Tad will eventually forgive her because she was loyal to her sainted half-sister and kept her promise not to tell.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know what to think about all of that.... I have noticed all this David/Dixie stuff too and just sorta in denial at the aspect of them actually ending up together.... I would much rather see a flip and have Di and David together. I have just longed for that ever since Vincent and Kelli worked together so much in Kelli's first few months on the show. They were sizzling! And they still do in the little screentime they share. I really do not want Dixie and David back together though.... I just could not get into them romantically... it just seemed I dunno dirty LOL.

• Members

Tad and Dixie aren't going to be together for sure. He (and Adam) will be extremely angry with her when they learn she's alive. In the end I do think that David and Dixie will reunite, especially when David is the only one who won't rebuff her. McTavish can be full of crap, but I do believe they will get back together.

• Members

Of course T&D won't be together, not for a good long time. But Dixie still loves Tad, she said so. I think this is David's final trip into and out of Dixieland. Anger is the key to couples in MMT land, which means that T&D are destined.

D&D were never popular before, why in gods name would they go back there?

• Members

The only reason that eventually McT wouldn't reunite Tad and Dixie together is if that was a stipulation for Cady to return, for her to broaden her horizons which she appears to be doing. Tad and Dixie is like THE couple for McTavish.... she pours her heart and soul out for them.... I expect them eventually to get back together, just not for a long time.

Archived