DAYS: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

True.

I don't know if that is still the cannon with Steve, but I remember early Patch/Kayla it seemed he was embarrassed about the nickname.  And honestly, mostly Bo used it.  I don't actually think that many people did on the show.   I think it became more of a nickname for fans.  People weren't just running around town calling a grown man Patch.

• Members
Posted (edited)

6.7/10

I like that Chanel and Johnny's scene was a little racy.  If they're not going to show more skin, at least they can use grown up language on streaming.  Even if the reveal of what they tried in bed was kind of a letdown.  I mean, as a baker, one would expect that she's tried things with food in bed before last night.

On the one hand, I can see wanting Justin to defend Tate as he was recently litigator for the town, and he knows the judges.  On the other hand, Justin selling himself as a beacon for truth and justice is a bit of a stretch.

I don't understand why Theresa's been in jail for two months awaiting trial, but Brady gets to walk around the police station freely?  Wasn't he arrested?  Does the fact that Rafe didn't believe him suddenly exonerate Brady, who made a full confession?  Also, why wasn't EJ at the initial bail hearing? 

I also didn't get the logistics of Abe and Paulina sleeping in separate beds?  Did he sleep in Chanel's room, or does Paulina have two twins like Lucy and Ricky Ricardo?

Finally, wow, John looks so old when in scenes with Brady and Tate.  It is a shocking contrast to when he first appeared in Salem.   I know we all age, but it must suck to do it in the public eye, when our mental image of a guy from 39 years ago.

As for the responses to able-ism, when an oppressed minority class expresses that they don't wish to be known by their disability status, I think we should be respectful (i.e. People dx with Autism is preferable over Autistic).  The fact that we need to change our language is the least that we can do in comparison to the struggles that they face every day.  Responsible modern writers should convey those ideals in fiction in order to promote that message and inform those with good intentions.  Conversely, those who express provocative opinions just for engagement are sad, feeble-minded, poorly informed leeches who only deserve to be ignored.  It can be difficult not to take the bait, but that is my new resolve for 2024.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Today was another good DAYS but just barely. 

Didn't care for Chanel & Johnny. Why in the world was that their first time with food?

At least Johnny has his finger on the pulse of Holly. If only EJ had listened to him. 

One thing that was wrong with today was No Nicole. 

BTW 2 days ago when she sang "Mockingbird" & cried just blew me away. 

And EOB's feathered folly for a blouse was appalling. 

• Members

Thanks!  I couldn't remember everyone that called Steve that, but it felt more demeaning than a happy nickname for him even back then.  I have no problem with Steve being called Patch if he loves that nickname.  I just never got the impression he did.

• Members

According to wornontv.net
https://wornontv.net/410794/

Theresa has been wearing this dress and jacket since the New Year's Eve party:

Dress:
https://www.milly.com/products/leona-multi-color-sequins-dress-confetti

two links to the faux-fur jacket that looks sort of feathery:

https://www.frankie.top/ProductDetail.aspx?iid=102100578

https://www.frankie.top/ProductDetail.aspx?iid=102100575

• Members

This is a case of two items that shouldn't be worn together.  They honestly look okay in the model photos, but the coat looks matted and cheap on tv.   The dress looks cheap too.   I think you can do one or the other.  And the coat is always going to look like muppets had to die to make it possible but black might have looked better?