Y&R: Former Port Charles actor joins the show

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

What's the issue date indicating Gaskill's casting and what page is this news supposed to be found under? The current issue, December 18, 2023, is a triple issue (i.e. covers three weeks) - December 18, 2023 to January 7, 2024 - and I don't see this news anywhere in the magazine. Not even in the new Daytime Drama section which Michael Maloney is writing.

So it looks like it is from a future issue of TV Guide that hasn't apparently been released yet...

• Webmaster

Those were fun times. I'm sure some at TV Guide are pissed, but I think this might be a case of someone uploading it early due to the holidays and not realizing it would go live more than a week early. Oh, well.

This is the "official" current issue, as prompted by TV Guide Magazine:

• Webmaster

Based on what you linked/shared, it's clear that Stephanie Sloane is now in charge of that section and it is getting more attention from the magazine's editors as they are asking fans to email [email protected] if they have a question for their favorite soap star. Good for her.

Among other changes at TV Guide, Jim Halterman (West Coast Bureau Chief) was recently let go. Among his many contributions to the magazine, he was the one who primarily covered soap content within the magazine prior to Michael Maloney's written content and now Stephanie's column/section. Prior to the shuttering of SOD last month, Halterman would have a snippet here or there in every other issue about the soaps and would sometimes have a longer story published on TV Insider (online counterpart to the magazine) along with a Zoom with the actor.

Next year will be an interesting one. That I can already tell.