Y&R: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Loved seeing Jill telling Billy that Jack has Ashley, Kyle, and Diane to help him protect Jabot. But Jill told Billy she is all alone. She wants him to come back to work with her to protect her company from Mamie and Tucker!! Would love to see this happen; as I would love Jill and Billy working together. 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A good story for Nate would be realizing the business world is his bones and after a call with Olivia he realizes his heart will always be medicine so he becomes a general practitioner. Audra finds Nate’s new confidence and returning to his true calling sexy and they finally end up in bed together to Kyle & Tucker’s shock. 

At least the doctor job would be different with everyone seeming to be a corporate CEO these days that almost everyone has now except for Sally, Chelsea, Chloe for their über successful interior decorating business while I guess Michael, Heather, and Christine are the town lawyers…? I don’t even know what Tessa and Mariah do for work anymore.

Yeesh. Gone are the days when characters worked a variety professions. 

It’s wayyyyy overdue to be honest. For years I loathed that Jill always favored fraudulent Cane instead of dealing with Billy, which made zero sense. 

• Members

Lynn Marie Latham's creation and Maria Arena's desire to push that relationship even after it came out Cane was not Phillip made zero sense to me, and subsequent regimes continued backside kissing of the character made no sense. Windows were opened to possibly change the character were closed.

• Members

Nate needs to go back to working at the hospital as a doctor. This mess with boring Devon is the pits.

Hate could go his father route and become a private PI. Maybe he and Chance can open one a la Paul and Andy.

Seeing Nikki drinking again....if only Linda Gray was playing the role. No one does drinking better than her.  

• Members

I forgot Cane even existed.

Speaking of Chance and Nate, they're just redoing that story right? An injury causes the guy to do a massive career change and becomes ruthless.

Genuine question, hoping to understand better. What do people not necessarily like about Nate being up in the business world? Seems he's used a lot more now then when he was a doctor and running that clinic with Devon, Amanda, Elena.

Is it because the shows getting rid of every non business job or something I'm not getting?

Edited by lucaslesann23

• Members

The show missed a golden opportunity to have the Newmans actually try to get medical help from Nate once they returned to GC. Perhaps Victoria suggests Nate help treat Nick’s stab wound, as the family wants to keep the whole incident quiet. Victor is resistant to going to Nate but doesn’t want what happened to get out either and thinks Nate could be their best bet. Although this would risk someone other than Victor Newman having the upper hand so, the show probably would never think of doing this.

• Members

I also don't like that Nate did nothing to the Newmans but Nick and Victor are still trying to sabotage Nate and blacklist him with his own family.

Funny they didn't do that to Kyle despite Kyle scheming with Audra and cheating on Summer. And Kyle is the one ready to stab his own family in the back too.