ALL: Drag and disguises.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Kevin and Mac on GH were my favorites in drag. The first time they did Norma & Eve was freakin' funny, especially that Kevin had to wear a sari and Mac had to fake a British accent on top of his fake Australian accent.

The Face of Deception (she/her) (@CucyLoe) / X

Edited by applcin

• Members

In 1987, Rex Allingham (pretending to be Cass) dressed as a woman and pretended to be Nicole's Aunt Blanche in order to ruin her date with a bland minor character (after pretending to be a French waiter just got him kicked out of the restaurant).

Please register in order to view this content

In 1994, when Felicia was being held prisoner by Walter Trask, Cass went undercover as Krystle Lake again in a much more chic wig in order to get information at a Romance Novelists' convention.

ETA: Mac Cory shaved off his moustache and affected an English accent in order to get close to his temporarily blind ex-wife Rachel.

Edited by Xanthe
Mac

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Bonnie/Bunny from Santa Barbara

"It's hard to understand," Joe admits in his dressing room. "There are men who admire women so much that they enter the world of femininity. With Bunny, he's trying to understand women better so he dresses up like them. If you're rejected enough as a man, you can become the woman who does the rejecting. Bunny doesn't want to be with another man, he just wants to be a woman and have that feeling of power that he thinks a woman has. There are groups, a couple of heterosexual groups, most of them in the East. They get together and talk about gender relief, as they call it, because of the pressure of the masculine world. (Cross-dressing) is a release of anxiety from that masculine role. A lot of them come after marriage, breakups, stuff like that where people feel like, "What did I do wrong ? Maybe I'm not masculine enough." The men usually give the person they dress up as a name and they call her their sister. I call (Bunny's after ego) Bonnie. "Bunny's going to take Bonnie out for a drink." The asexual aspect of this type of masquerade still puzzles the Connecticut-born actor. "For a heterosexual (transvestite), it's a lot more bizarre. It's truly deviant behavior, whereas I think of a homosexual doing it, there would be humor in it. There would be more sexuality in it."

I'll just leave this one here...

(credit: The French Santa Barbara site)

Edited by j swift

• Members

This might not count, but I recall actor/playwright Charles Busch playing a modeling agent named "Peg Barlow" on OLTL during a summer storyline where Jen Rappaport had run off to NYC for reasons I can't recall now.  In that case, however, Busch wasn't portraying a man who had disguised himself as a woman.  AFAIK, Peg was written and portrayed as female.

• Members

Oh God. I remember that debacle. Paul Michael Valley was also in that story as a sleazy photographer.

Lea DeLaria, also known for genderbending work, portrayed Professor Delbert Fina - Madame Delphina's grandfather or whatever - in the 1968 time travel arc in 2008, then again in the not-very-good Rex/Gigi time traveling TV revisit near the end of the network run.

Edited by Vee