Days of Our Lives: November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sheri was an advisor when Ron first started but that didn't continue. Per Jason47, Sheri was credited as "story consultant" for episodes airing July 19, 2017 - Jan. 17, 2019.   Then  Ryan Quan became Ron's story consultant after that.  But Ron has his own ideas.

What's airing now is the last several weeks of material written by Ron/Ryan and team --  before the writers strike material begins airing.

As to what Sheri was (or was not) doing during the strike, see my post here:
https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/65382-days-of-our-lives-november-2023-discussion-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1879666

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I may not understand why people still watch the test pattern formerly known as Y&R but I don't think we need to haunt the threads critiquing their posts for even daring to view it. Let's let folks watch DAYS even if Mr. Twink Death 2023 is over on Hallmark and not currently on contract.

• Members

WHILE the investigation into the abusive fired EP was going on, today's episode was taped, and in this episode, a character sexually assaulted another character.  The script was written by the firedguy's wife.

I read the spoiler article from the actress on the SOD website, so I was forewarned, and then I checked for recaps before watching today. It did air so I chose not to watch.

According to several recaps: Gil tries to rape Ava, and she barely stops him, and then Gil debates the definition of rape and says it wasn't that?

How the heck did this air? Oh right, because Kenny left the firedguy in charge.
(and because Ron)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Okay, yes, Gil did attack Ava & suggested that she stop fighting & that she might find that she enjoyed herself. She pretended to consider that & relented fighting & then pulled a gun on him. He said he didn't believe she would use it. She shot him. So, it's not exactly as you said. But, sure, in the ballpark. 

• Members

I refused to watch it, so I was going by what I gathered from reading recaps.
Several recaps said that the rapist claimed he wasn't attempting rape, or he tried to explain what rape is and claimed that he wasn't doing that.
Whatever actually aired, I don't know, but if it was close to that, it's very offensive.

• Members

Sheri did declare herself FiCore status but we don't know if she went to DAYS or if she went to GH or if there was some other project. I thought she was at DAYS because at that time Deidre posted a picture with her but it turned out to be from several years back. 

Yes, I understood where you were coming from. I watched it. I was trying to say as little as possible. The only thing remotely about it that he said was that she should stop fighting because she might find she enjoyed it. Maybe 2 lines of dialog. And, he was wrestling with her the whole time he was saying it. He was very aggressive. Clearly  attempted rape. NO DOUBT. So, you chose well for yourself. I was completely unaware. 

• Members

Tamara Braun warned about it in a spoiler article, but I didn't post it because some of what she says in the article hasn't aired yet.
This part has aired:
“If you watch the episode, there should be no question that he tries to sexually assault her,” declares Braun. “It was a very uncomfortable scene to shoot. There was no ambiguity while shooting it. That’s for sure.”
If anyone needs a source for the quote it's here:
https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-days-of-our-lives-preview-gil-assaults-ava/
But warning that most of the article has stuff that hasn't aired yet.

• Members

Thank you. I'm going to go read it. I do or don't see spoilers just however it happens. I'd rather not but I find that they are hard for me to avoid. 

It's a good solid article. The by-line is Janet Di Lauro. She used to write for Weekly many years ago. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
combine 2 posts