Days of Our Lives: November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

No. While "NBC News Daily" is doing better in the demos than when it launched last year, the show remains down compared to what "Days of our Lives" did in the slot just before being shipped off to Peacock and even compared to one year prior to the announced move. 

• Webmaster

Correct. Despite "Days of our Lives" having +500,000 or more viewers compared to "NBC News Daily" on any given week, the demo separation isn't as big as one would think. In fact, I'm currently preparing the last three weeks of ratings reports and will post the fourth as soon as I get the demos for last week, and there's minimal separation between the two in either demo.

For instance:

Women 18-49 Rating (Week of October 30-November 3, 2023)

Rank / Show / Network This Week Last Week 2022 2021 2020
NBC News Daily (NBC) 0.18 0.18 0.16 0.23 0.31

Women 25-54 Rating (Week of October 30-November 3, 2023)

Rank / Show / Network This Week Last Week 2022 2021 2020
NBC News Daily (NBC) 0.27 0.27 0.25 0.34 0.46

Note: Demo figures for 2021 and 2020 represent the performance of "Days of our Lives." Based on how the soap opera performed from 2020 to 2021, it's no wonder the network opted to pull it off and move it to Peacock.

During the final full week of "Days of our Lives" on NBC (Week of September 5-9, 2022), the show did as follows:

Women 18-49 Rating

SHOW THIS WEEK'S RATING LAST WEEK'S RATING LAST YEAR'S RATING 2020 RATING
10. Days of our Lives (NBC) 0.24 0.22 0.27 0.33

Women 25-54 Rating

7. Days of our Lives (NBC) 0.37 0.35 0.40 0.48

Note: The Friday, September 9 episode was heavily preempted.

As you can see, while "NBC News Daily" is down from "Days of our Lives," it is likely the show's demo performance today would be what "DAYS" might be getting at a much higher budget had it not been moved.

• Members

Today was… ehhh. It was another example of how lazy and thrown together everything about this storyline seems. I love how Melinda had a crib all ready to go for the baby and didn’t feel the need to take him to the hospital even though he’s premature. And how Dimitri didn’t show up on any security cameras at the hospital

Please register in order to view this content

Literally the best thing about this storyline is the performances. Ari and Dan really sold it today. It was like you could almost feel their sorrow and heartbreak. The both of them really do have their Emmy reels. They definitely make this worth watching. 

As for Dimitri, his monologue to Sloan made me

And if his scenes at the end of today mean what I think they mean… I hate it but in a lot of ways, it’s for the best. For Dimitri and for Peter Porte.

• Members

Not Holly about to light up in the DiMera living room.

So is that it for DVL for now? Add me to the chorus, not feeling an ounce of the forced sympathy for Leo.

For me, it was shades of Knots Landing... the doctor gaslighting Val about the twins. I was certain Nicole was about to say, "I heard (him) cry."

I could hardly believed that I burned through three episodes this morning. I had to go back and make sure I hadn't skipped an episode.

• Members

I can't help but to think that if the show could've coughed up a few $$$ and scheduled around Alison Sweeny's schedule, this whole story of having Nicole's baby taken away from her with Sami involved would've packed a bigger punch IMO. It just seems like a rehash of the Sarah/Kristen baby switch storyline but with a different set of characters. 

• Members

I was only looking forward to Ari's performance today! I knew it would be the top of the pyramid! And, even with that expectation, she surprised me! I was totally blown away. Hers today is the BEST DAYS has shown in years, years!! And, Dan was right there with her. I even congratulated Scott McKinsey on today's directing. Man, oh, man, I am 180 from where I usually am after tuning in Peacock. Today is the day to be a DAYS fan again. I literally posted to Ari on UglyX & to Scott on my forum & I am headed to IG to holler good things at Dan. They all deserve as many kudos as can be given.