Days of Our Lives: October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A lot of plot holes in todays episode.

I love how Sloan had a fake copy of the test results and the exact same envelope that the hospital gave out all ready to go just in case she needed them for a situation like this

Please register in order to view this content

Seriously, do hospitals even give out paper test results anymore?

And I’m glad for the twist with Xander but the whole thing with Alex just seems unnecessary. Surprisingly, I thought RSW did well today, probably because he came off as the bad guy and not the romantic lead that the show tries to prop him as. 

And I’m still not a fan of EOB’s Theresa. I feel like she just seems to be playing a role. She hasn’t fully immersed herself in the character of Theresa, the way that Jen Lilley did. Or the way that she did with Gwen. 

I still think Days would be a lot better if they just balanced out the canvas more and got rid of all the biased prop writing. And all the toxicity on set. Hopefully, with most of that gone, we’ll see some good changes. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Yes, Sloan having the right Kraft envelope with a test result in it, every villainess always should be so prepared! Also, ringing the front door & running around to the patio doors on the side, coming in & having plenty of time to do the switch & look around, like she had no need to hurry. 

And since when does Marlena make early morning unannounced visits to her kids? Eric is Mr. Unflappable. She seems to think it is amusing that Sloan thinks Marlena doesn't like her. There was quite a lot of exposition today. 

And I have no idea why Xander went to see Alex! 

Constantin was really pissed that Victor left him nothing since it was his family's seed money that got Vic started in business. 

Again today I did not hate the show but I sure didn't love it either. 

Oh, yeah, again today I could find no fault with Nicole's hair! It seems it's been a good while since I whined about that. Hmm. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
just had a thought

• Members

There's something funny about tuning into GH and seeing how much Wally Kurth's appearance changed in six months.

Hot take, EOB could've kept the British accent and justified it by saying she was spending more time with her father Shane in the UK while Tate was in school (like Madonna).  As it stands, I feel bad for Kimberly, isn't she supposed to be ill and that's why Theresa lives with her?  Now that the supply chain is effecting her company, I hope Kim isn't back out on the streets.  I like EOB's charisma, and I have no connection to Jen Lilly's take as being groundbreaking, so I don't mind, it seems very temporary.  And it'll allow for a refresh on Gwen.

Also, I'm still stuck on the idea that Theresa met Alex once, and now they're entwined, he's a baddie, and they're living together. 

If everything stays at this pace, I expect Tate and Holly to get married, have a baby, start a company and buy the Horton House by Thanksgiving.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I am a few days behind on the show because of life things, but I think EOB's wig is much worse than her American accent.  She does fine with it IMO.  The show can ditch the wig immediately though. I don't think the audience is confused about the fact another actress is playing Theresa.  

It's clear I am a big fan of Jen Lilley, so I can be biased, but there is something warm and likeable about her Thersea and that's just not the type of character EOB plays well.  It's just an ill fit for EOB in general.  We are obviously stuck with her, but it really is a baffling decision for the show.  I really do think EOB is a good actress and does have charisma and a certain charm, but this character is just not for her.

• Members

I'm also sorry to see Talia go. I really did think that she'd be around for a while when she got the job at the hospital. I still haven't warmed up to Jada but having her sister around was helping. She and Rafe do nothing for me, but I don't mind their function as supporting players.

Vivian's return was all too short, will she be back anytime soon?

Like others, I didn't trust Constantin from the start. He was giving me major Buddy Rourke vibes, for those of you who get that Golden Girls reference.

• Members

Talk about heavy-handed.

How many times did Xander have to say, "if I were Victor's son" in one episode?

I know why I tend to overthink DAYS mysteries, because I can't believe they make it this obvious.

Also, there are like 80 people living at the Dimera house, didn't one of them see Sloan skulking about?  And it was so soapy that EJ could not find the time to open an envelope over the course of 42 minutes.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I already mentioned Sloan’s plot hole, but apparently Alex just didn’t notice that most of the letter wasn’t in his mother’s handwriting or that the last page had to have looked a lot younger than the other pages

I’m still waiting for them to have Konstantin say that back in the 80s, he was a high school janitor

• Members

I've forgotten, is EJ even aware of the possibility that Eric's the father of Nicole's baby? 

I thought Nicole lied to get him to do the DNA test based on health issues.  So, it seems odd today when he was excited to see the results because they confirmed that he's daddy (meanwhile, not too excited that he couldn't do 8 million other things before he opened the envelope).

Speaking of plot holes, are we to assume that Nicole got the results on Friday, left the hospital, drove home, put them on the table, and never looked at them to see that Eric's the father?  Or, are we supposed to believe that she's just too dumb to know what the results mean?  Which I guess is possible if she didn't memorize EJ or Eric's genotype.

And, if it's so late that Marlena was surprised that Sloan had to go see a client, why was she visiting Eric at that late hour?  And is that hit lady still in the hospital?  Because everyone seems to have forgotten about her.

Edited by j swift