Days: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know I harp on how bad DAYS' sets are, but here's an example. Look at the wall behind Wally Kurth. The flat is pieced just a foot or so to the left of the door. It's also pieced a few inches from the draperies on the left.

Who builds houses/apartments this way? This is standard on so many DAYS sets that I can't believe it -- and no other soap does it. It looks cheap and ugly.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I think they are trying (and failing) to create an optical illusion that the set/room is bigger than it is - in all honesty, they would probably be better off with just building two normal corner walls and just work with the camera angles (though ideally they'd just give them more room to build their sets). 

And yes, let's not even talk about all those patterns that are going on. I assume they're trying to go for "homely"/"personal" feel but it looks more like eye vomit.

• Members

I just watched today's show, that ending really got to me.  That is the power of watching a show for years.  Very well done and respectful.

BTW case in point about not using current events for an episode filmed months ago, the Madonna on tour dialogue. G-forbid if anything unfortunate had happened to Madonna, they'd have egg on their faces.

Edited by j swift

• Members

The problem is that "the real Days" is mixed in with the "WTF Days."

Those solid Victor scenes were in the same episode with the total garbage scenes including Leo, Gwem, Dimitri, and Madonna. That means the tone of the episode varied WIDELY from scene to scene, and it didn't work.

• Members

I just finished watching today's show & I'm really touched. I loved the camera going to the picture while everyone was falling apart. And I appreciated being with Maggie, Justin, John, Brady at the end & not with either of the ... oh weird trios, for lack of a better word for Stephanie & her 2 dweebs or Gwen & the Cheating Hearts.  

@ranger1rg  Yep, that which we would have liked to avoid & that which we desire & cling to. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

The Madonna stuff was trash.   Dmitri just saying he flew Leo out as a surprise for Gwen probably would have been more believable than Gwen believing Leo now has the money to fly to Iceland, go see a rare Madonna show, stay in the same hotel as them all without telling her, etc., etc., etc.  It is actually Madonna's birthday, so they got that right.  Gwen did look like she was wise to their game at the end though.

The Victor stuff was good.  John being there was nice, although odd as I don't think he's had a scene with Maggie or Victor in years.  I don't really know who else you would use though.  

The Kristen/Rachel scenes were weird in the fact that Chad's kids were upstairs by themselves?  No boba for them?