Y&R August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wish this show were setting up a "Who Shot Tucker?" storyline, but I'm sure Griffith couldn't write it. I mean, think of the suspects: Audra, Ashley, Jack, Phyllis, Summer, Daniel. You could even throw in Nate, Adam, Victor, and Nikki if they wanted to. The show needs a wide umbrella story instead of all this corporate battle non-intrigue. 

• Members

I completely understand your views. That's why I prefaced that I did not watch Brad/Traci episodes and by the time I started, Traci was very much a side character who only sometimes visited. I felt like Don and Eileen had good chemistry. 

But I definitely agree that having Traci go through the death of her only daughter was horrible and unnecessary and very short-sighted. Especially since they killed off Cassie few years prior. It was not needed to have another legacy character to be killed off. 

• Members

I like this idea. It could be a great umbrella story.

I, too, am so over the corporate talk.

Killing Coleen was a HUGE mistake and made no sense at all. And, to give Victor her heart, just rubbed salt in the wound. It also limited Tracy's potential in the future.

• Members

8-2

Awww...it's a credit to AL's acting that I have no reason to feel sympathy for Summer since she blew up her life. But her Summer in the park with Chance talking about how she was not sure if she would get back with Kyle because so much had happened at that point resonated. Probably cuz of rl stuff with me thinking the exact same thing, but YES. Good job. I was for a Sharon/Chance/Summer triangle, but that whole scene of her with Chance read as friends hanging out...the first time in their scenes they came across that way. So I guess Chance/Summer are done.

Awwwww Katherine flashback. And we know I'm enjoying seeing the mansion. 

I still can't believe Diane and Jack did not do a big wedding. But I could say the same about Kyle not being there at the wedding at all. And then his coming out party with Audra in front of all the Abbotts. Just...prick.

• Members

8-3

I said it before, but I'll say it again...I be living for Christine vs Giggly Heffa. And that was a good fight. I did think MS was weak when Christine brought up Summer. The Phyllis I knew would really and truly snap when you bring her kids into a catfight. But I giggled when Christine made that crack about how Giggly Heffa repeats herself...one of MS's acting tics. Meta...?

I wish they would just bit the bullet and turn Elena into a villainess. Her eavesdropping on Nikki/Nate and the looks ES had on her face...it's screaming for it to happen.

Hmmmm...looks like a matter of time before Sally and Adam get back together. 

• Members

I could have done without Summer and the green screen rollercoaster. That being said, the show has to go with Chance/Summer. That's where the chemistry is. Chance/Sharon equals boredom. And, Connor Flynn deserves his own storyline beyond just doing police work.

I knew Phyllis would, of course, get off. They should have at least sent her to "jail" for a couple of months and then have her return ready to stir up trouble again.

I wonder if they are planning on using/keeping Christine in any capacity beyond this. I think the show sort of missed the boat with her not ever having kids of her own because she's not really tied to any of the characters beyond friendship.

I feel like CLB would have made sense to be Phyllis' lawyer during all this. Which makes me wonder if he wasn't available and/or isn't really on contract anymore.