Y&R August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

To pick up what you have stated about ED. It’s interesting what’s been said about her being a challenge to pair off yet the show has never stopped trying, Ashley has never lacked suitors. They even threw in Ravi to temporarily fill in the romantic gap. Have they made such attempts with CG?  
I wasn’t really watching Y&R attentively when MG made previous return appearances in recent years, but I did see clips of Daniel’s brief first encounter with Mariah and I was very intrigued. Daniel is still a character on the younger side, Mariah is still young, why are they living such settled, staid lives? Things should be more messy s complicated for these characters, their should be more entanglements between these characters. And yes, history should definitely be more disruptive to their everyday lives.

And you’re right, Mariah should have been at least a little bitter towards Daniel, for what she sees as someone who deprived her of known her twin. Maybe she starts to put herself in his line of sight, hoping to unnerve him. This is, after all, the same person who Victor paid to haunt Sharon. And perhaps with each encounter, bitterness turns to intrigue, as she seeks to know more about the man who her twin went to her grave being so enamored of.

Perhaps Daniel becomes intrigued by Mariah, to the point that Lily becomes unnerved by it. 

In fact, what looks to be a blooming friendship between the two begins to unnerve all the people who knew the history of what happened between Cassie and Daniel on the night of the fatal accident and have had to live with the repercussions.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

When was the last time we saw this much of Esther within one month?! I always enjoy her appearances because the character reminds me of the 80s when I first started watch the show as a kid. I hope with Crimson Lights we get to see her a bit more than we have the past years.

• Members

I'm going to start the new Y&R drinking game. You have to take a shot each time the following words are used in dialogue....

Merger

Takeover

Company

I can't keep track of all the mergers, takeovers, instant companies that pop up, nor do I care. It's a head scratcher as to why TPTB think that these "stories" are what's going to get the audience to tune in. I could care less who's running Chancellor-Winters-Adustus-SNA-Kirsten-Newman Media- Newman Communications-Simply Ashley this week. Now, Sally's starting a company! It's almost comical...definitely not interesting on a dramatic front.

• Members

Wasn't Ashley all in a tizz over Diane coming to Jabot and the havoc she would create?

Have we ever seen Diane at Jabot ? Have there been any business decisions that she made at all?

Why does Josh pretty much exclusively write stories around business when he never actually shows anyone at work or dealing with the business beyond  mergers, acquisitions and takeovers that occur in restaurants and peoples homes?

• Errol unpinned and locked this topic
  • Errol unlocked this topic