AMC: Tanisha Lynn (Dani), Michael B. Jordon (Reggie) OUT!

• Members

Agnes Nixon deserves the credit for the diverse cast... she actually was one of the first daytime writers if the first to create an all african american family and write front burner african american stories. Like the black women passing herself off as white on OLTL back in the late 60's Megan McTavish wrote for black characters as well, in the early 90's AMC's cast was very diverse. with the whole deconstruction story..... but Agnes still had heacy influence over the show at that time but obviously does not anymore.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm angry that they've been dropped to recurring but you know what....at least they're still on the show. This will allow the both of them to do outside projects while also getting paid for the episodes they do on AMC. It's not like they were being used heavily anyway.

Remember the old Derek? He chose to leave because they wanted him on contract...what did they do when they recasted the role? They kept him in recurring. This may be a blessing in of itself. Tanisha & Reggie could end up on another show. Hell, I wouldn't mind Tanisha as a Lily recast on Y&R (not that I don't like the current Lily........). I can see OLTL bringing on Michael as a relative of Evangeline.

• Members

Tanisha would have made a great Lily but there are other roles. Both are talented and it would serve AMC right for another show to pick either one of them up and give them front burner status. And getting to Agnes' point. Yeah its 2006 and we shouldn't need someone to stick up for diversity but ABC doesn't seem to give a rats tail about it. Is it Frons or is Disney somehow a big funder of the Republican Party? LOL Seriously what the hell is wrong with ABC...

• Members

MBJ has said to want to focus on college and basketball, so I think this is his way of compromising with AMC so they don't lose him all together. :) He's a sweet kid I met him at FITS last year, and I wish him all the best in whatever he chooses to do, whether it be stay on AMC, or walk at some point.

Tanisha Lynn can do SOOOOOOOO much better then AMC if they won't use her. And while I don't like that she's been dropped to recurring, it might just be a blessing in disguise. Allowing her to go out and do other projects, one that could end up getting her something so much better then AMC.:)

• Members

This type of news deserves a big F*** you to All My Children. Tanisha is an AMAZING actress and Danielle/Reggie deserve a storyline. What, are they going to drop Tonya too? So ignorant of All My Children.

• Members

if thats their reasoning then its pretty weak bc they did not play all the beats to the story. They dropped her midway through that story. After Mimi's wedding her airtime decreased and there wasnt much going on there. They focused more on Garret and Di/Julia and forgot that he was preparing to victimize Dani. They didnt even resolve the Dani/Mimi stuff. They had one scene where they hug and Mimi was gone. We werent even told she was leaving. And of course they never followed through with everything that happened and how it affected Reggie. Of course they dropped her connection with Josh. The story didnt flop; AMC did and its their own fault. I dont care if Reggie leaves but they should definetly keep Dani. SORAS her since she's already being portrayed as older than 17. They should maybe throw her in the same scene as Jamie, Amanda, Babe and JR since she used to interact with them, well Jamie/Babe

• Members

Ummmmm keeping them on recurring is a way for AMC to claim that they have a diverse cast. I can read between the lines. That's like having a black attorney in the office and not using them EVER, but when you have to publish that diversity report...We have a black attorney! See! Token B. Guy!

The William Christian thing just showed how their liars, they didn't need Derek more...they lied. Plain and simple.

I have to agree with you regarding the Dragon story Cheap. If that's their excuse...f' them.

I rather they find work somewhere else PERMANENTLY.

F.Y.I. Michael will be on C.S.I. on April 13th, he took time out of his busy schedule to tape an episode. I plan to watch.

• Members

I agree with Cheap. Reggie, IMO, was never all that great of a character. Before McTavish came, he didn't have much story (he held Anna at knifepoint then moved in with Trey then moved in with Jack...not much if you ask me), and then we had some story with Danielle's arrival, and then they both fell onto the backburner and then the Dragon mess happened and now he's back on the backburner.

The show could afford to lose Reggie. This young man is only 19 years old and he still has a lot of decisions to make regarding his future. Tanisha Lynn is another story. She's an actress. Losing Reggie is no big deal, IMO, but Danielle could add so many dynamics to the show. They should build on her job at Fusion and friendship with Simone, and let that go somewhere. They could easily introduce a new guy (or better yet, bring back Kenny, the Fusion lawyer with whom Simone had a few flings) and have a triangle.

• Members

The only reason Reggie was not such a great character was because McTavish came back. When I think of what Rayfield & Cascio....or anyone else who had replaced them...would have done with the character and his backstory....it's such a pathetic waste.

They didn't write for him because they didn't want to. To say that it's okay to fire him because he didn't have much to do misses the point. He should have had tons to do! He sure as hell would have brought in more fans (or, perhaps, driven away less) than Josh ever will.

And its not so much about Reggie and Danielle specifically but the fact that there are now no black characters. And they aren't adding any. That's the issue for me. AMC is now a joke in terms of production values (although that's been the case for a while), story (Fetus Boy) and it's commitment to diversity. Congrautlations to all involved.

• Members

This is a mixed blessing. In one way, this is horrible because there will be no black characters on AMC.

But in another way, it gives Michael B. Jordan and Tanisha Lynn freedom to do other projects. Not to mention black characters won't have to be subjected to the horrible writing anymore.

Wonder if they got rid of Darnell Williams as the acting coach too?!

• Members

Why does it seem that everytime the talk comes to firing people from AMC, everyone first mention Colin E./Josh? He and MBJ, IMO, are about on par with each other when it comes to acting, and both characters were introduced to the show with virtually no family ties at all. Just because Josh is on the evil side and the story they're using to implant him into major families isn't all that great, does that mean they should just fire the actor who plays him?

Archived