AMC: Tanisha Lynn (Dani), Michael B. Jordon (Reggie) OUT!

• Members

Ok this sucks. But to be optimistic about it all - at least they are on recurring! lol - I mean I'll bet we see just as much of them as we have since the Dragon storyline. I don't think things will change that much, except AMC is just saving money with this.

I really wish they'd write for them...but I really think MBJ doesn't want to work that much bc of school and bball. And without Reggie, Dani isn't really going to get a story unfortunately. Sucks for Tanisha...maybe they just need to recast Reggie so they can get a story going.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is just the official confirmation. Regi and Dani have been glorified extras all this time.

I hate how soaps are so confused as to how to write for "black" people. They're people too! I wonder who AMC is gonna bring in to fill in their quota.

• Members

This was a long time coming. MMT had NO interesting to write for either and it was soooo obvious! She said she did but that was all lies, because that "big" story she promised, never happened.

Michael B. Jordan is definately a talented actor, I can see him going far. It's a shame he was barely used.

Q Steph, ITA it's so weird how soaps have this problem. For goodness sakes if Y&R and even Passions can do it so can AMC.

• Members

I don't know about you but I have my party hat all ready...WTF...some times, it just needs to rain. Optimism is overrated. They took them off contract so they would have room for the barrage of white teens that they are hiring for the summer...plain and simple. I refuse to celebrate them basically bullishing the fans by putting them on recurring. I don't see Aidan, Erin or any of them on recurring. Danielle and Reggie have basically been recurring for almost 2 years...that Dragon story was unpredictable and shoddy at best. If they were white with blond hair and blue eyes, they would have been on every damn day staring me in my face.

Really Optimism on this is just ridiculous, this is a slap to the face.

I was calm last night and it appears my attitude has flaired up again...oh darn.

• Members

lol - I do agree with you. Optimism never hurts though. I really would like to know backstage what the real deal is though. There has been lots of talk about MBJ not wanting much airtime bc of certain things...i wonder how Tanisha feels about this and if any of it is true. If that's the case, then I can see the writers not wanting to write for them since they'd be unpredictable with when they can shoot and stuff.

But you're right, the white teens are coming in to take their place....at least these teens are not new characters altogether - they have ties to the Pine Valley community. That makes it a little bit more bearable.

lol - ok i'll stop trying to spin a good light on it....This sucks plain and simple. i'd like to know the real story though behind the scenes.

• Members

What teens are they bringing back?

Honestly AMC has no need for new teens, they have a fine younger set already if they'd just write for them!

ITA with Casey on Reggie & Danielle, it's all bullshit politics, most likely all Frons who just loves his blond little girls.

• Members

Colby is coming back to ruin Adam's life...haha

Sean Montgomery (Bianca's half-brother) is coming for some reason.

Petey Cortland will be showing up again onscreen - but aged.

I think I heard that Lily will be joining them in the storyline...

• Members

They haven't written for them since 2004...but oh well...LOCATION SHOOT for Lily! New teen frieds for Lily! Oh and Danielle actually has family ties and history to the show as well...but that doesn't matter in regards to her.

• Members

I said months ago Reggie was on his way out in early 2006. The recurring is a little different from what I was told to expect so I doubt we'll see him at all.

Every time I feel an urge to tune back into AMC something like this happens that pisses me off.

This is absolutely disgusting. AMC now no longer has any black characters that matter. NONE. Livia may be contract but that's in name only and that won't last either.

All My Children has no minorities anymore. So really it's All My Heterosexual White Children from Wealthy Families. Reggie was a goldmine and they blew it huge.

MBJ DID want to work more; I have no idea where it came from he didn't want to be on the show. Yes he loves basketball but the fact of the matter is he wanted to work more. And even if he didn't, why should Dani's status be linked to his? The only person the black teen female can interact with is the black teen male?

This is really, really sad. Not because of MBJ and TL but because of what it represents. AMC is perhaps the most undiverse soap right now. I never thought I'd see the day...

• Members

Well if it is true that michael/reggie did want to have more airtime then this is digusting. I thought he might have wanted to lighten his load because of college. I don't get how all the members of reggie's family erica, kendall, jack, and lily are shown but he's not, it just ridiculous and insulting.

• Members

I don't see how some people are calling this a McTavish thing. This is the woman who wrote amazing material for black characters in the early 1990s on the show. The simple fact that she brought back Danielle and promised big stories for her and Reggie was reason enough for me to be sure that the lack of blacks with major storylines on AMC (I refuse to use the word minority because everyone is a minority in some way, shape, or form) is basically all Frons's doing. GH is basically in the same camp as AMC, which makes sense because he watches over them the most. OLTL's been free to work the hell out of REG simply because Frons rarely takes charge at OLTL.

• Members

I don't think it's McTavish entirely. I have no doubt that MBJ was always in trouble because he was created in her absence and those characters are all either gone or on thin ice (Aidan, Simone). I don't think she wanted him gone because he's black but because she always gets rid of stuff that isn't hers. Add that to Frons' expressed concern that minorities are a hurdle to viewer commitment and this is what happens.

McTavish's fault or not, this is bad and so un-AMC.

• Members

Yep AMC used to be the leader in having a diversed, balance cast..... its quite the same. I am not gonna miss Reggie because I never got into his character but it is a travesty none the less. The thing that really irks me is Tanisha Lynn proved how strong of an actress she was when she was front burner for the summer. WTF and then she goes completely from on every other day to on once a month.... its a disgrace. I don't think its McTavish's doing, its a Frons thing why I have no idea. God when will this mad man be removed.... and MMT removed as well. A complete overhaul at ABC is needed.... they are doing NOTHING right.... they could have wrote a story to reunite Dani and Reggie.... a good story.... or bring on Reggie's real mother to cause a confilct there.... just wasted opportunity....

• Members
Exactly what I thought...so that crutch can't be used anymore. Good.

Not only that...but Reggie and Dani haven't been in a scene (TALKING) since about September!?! So I don't even understand their connection. I think it would just be a plain ole crime for Dani to take one of Lily or Colby's upcoming men.

As for what AMC used to be...they sure as hell ain't any more. All of the credit that they so called built up during the 80's and early 90's has been washed away for me. Whatever they used to be is not what they are now...I can't even describe what they are now.

Gotta laugh at it all, because its ridiculous.

Archived