Days: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I hope this isn’t the end of Shawn’s storyline. There’s still so much they could do with him and I hate when storylines get wrapped up in a nice little bow and are completely forgotten about. Ratting out Rafe should not be the thing that prompts him to get help. 

Btw, I don’t like this new mayor already. 

As for Wendy, I’m glad about who she chose but this is another storyline that shouldn’t be over either. She may not do girl drama, but Chanel does

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Indeed Brandon Beemer deserves the opportunity to exercise his acting skills  

Shawn Drinking should have to stop after some MAJOR event! And it would be incredible if they did an Intervention Episode along the lines of Erica's and Kay Chancellor's, but I'm afraid Ron wouldn't know how to write that! He could cheapen what could actually be absolutely fabulous Daytime Drama!

Imagine:

Belle initially tries a small Intervention like Bree's on The Last season of DH, But Shawn comes home wasted and with a Hook Up (In A Much Bigger Storyline i concocted in my head, he would be with Sloan, Whom Was having revenge on Belle for Ruining her relationshipwith Eric after she unearthed a deep dark secret from hers), Belle's Pissed! She leaves Shawn and it all goes to hell.

But later after she's calmed she realizes Shawn really needs help, so She Calls Hope and Claire, as well as all of Shawn's Friends And Family (Bo should still be on a Coma, as an excuse for Hope To leave soon after), They all would confront Shawn's Problem, and He would break down and finally admit he needs help. 

• Members

That story is not over, Wendy's going to be pining away for months.  I still want a Tripp/Talia pairing.  Two medical professionals, with a past, would be a good couple.  Also, I don't love the idea of Talia's sexuality being in question after one kiss with a girl.  I hate when lesbians are portrayed as most sexually fluid, as if making out with a woman when they're drunk is the same thing as being unaware of one's sexual identity.

• Members

Agreed, especially considering that he’s one of the few legacy characters still on the canvas.

I had an idea for a Shawn/Sloan fling as well. It would have been tied to a lot of last years storylines. Shawn and Belle would be in the midst of a divorce due to Belles relationship with EJ. At the same time, Sloan and Eric have problems over Jada being pregnant with Eric’s baby. And as a result, Shawn and Sloan have a one night stand. But sadly, EJelle and Eric and Jadas baby has been forgotten 

I wanted Wendy to choose Tripp, but I think I would have had Wendy choose Johnny but still be pining for Tripp. Eventually, he meets Talia at the hospital and they start a relationship. Which pisses off Chanel, who still doesn’t trust Talia (and is starting to have feelings for Tripp herself), which pisses off Johnny, which pisses off Wendy. That could have been really good

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

That's a lot of pissing.

It looks like I'll pass on today's episode.

@ranger1rg  I'm seriously considering ending my subscription at the end of this month. I can use that money for something better. Days has completely gone off the rails and no one seems to care.

• Members

Okay, common Wendy detractors make a common DAYS-ish accusation, which is of a female being introduced spunky & interesting & then as soon as they begin to rom-pair her they take all the spunk out of her & leave her boring. But, you never saw anything in the first place? I'm just checking. Interested. 

• Members

I'm a couple weeks behind, but I would rather see Shawn-D going on a drinking bender due to guilt and depression, but not eventually labeled "an alcoholic" per se. Go the depression route and have him seek therapy from someone who isn't named Marlena (conflict of interest, hello!)  There's too many members of AA on the canvas. One even killed a man (Hi Eric!) yet it doesn't resonate. 

I hate it when they make major decisions that would ordinarily have long-lasting, permanent effects. Such as Philip having only 1 leg. Or the fact that Daniel once massaged Jennifer's heart to keep it beating when her heart was yanked out of her. Just stupid stuff that sounds cute and dramatic at the time, but they don't do the follow through. 

• Members

Tripp and Johnny are the money couple. The few scenes of both sparring over who had the worst family was better than anything they've had with Wendy. The horse playing at the end was the cherry on the topping!

They need to flush Dimitri and Leo like yesterday. They have nothing going for them as a couple.

• Members

Is this the end of Harris?

Please register in order to view this content

I can't believe Megan left before Harris.  All of his scenes with Marlena were overwrought and not entertaining.

Also, I assume there's no follow up to Sloan confessing to Colin about the DNA?

• Members

Even with that "spunky and interesting" intro to Wendy, I never saw much in this actress, TBH. I know she has a fan base who rave about her, but I don't see it, and never have. I've tried, but I fail to see how a casting director saw her and thought, "THERE'S our Wendy!"

She's not a terrible actor (like the guy playing her brother Li), but she's just nothing special, and I don't see why Johnny and Tripp are fighting over her.

Yep. When a 30-second scene with Tripp and Johnny has more going for it than any scene either guy has had with Wendy in months....