General Hospital: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I liked the first scene between New Kristina and Sonny. They looked like they were related.

I liked the Alexis/Esme scenes.

Evan Hofer (Dex) now appears in the opening.

The Spencer/Trina/Portia scenes were boring. Nothing was said that wasn't said before.

• Members

Agree. Agree. Okay. Disagree. 

At least as to Portia's tirade to Spence. She continues to have a lot of nerve & yesterday she pushed the envelope even further. I was amazed that she actually told him she thinks he provides nothing good at all to Trina & that she intimated something improper about his proximity to Esme when she herself continues to court Esme in advancing her mama bear agenda. Whenever Trina finds out what she's done & doing it's gonna be hell to pay. 

However all I really want out of Sprina is (1) consummation and (2) what is wrong with Taby's voice and/or vocal chords. Since when did hot-blooded 20-year-olds wait to get it on?! 

• Members

How will Gladys and Montague react to Sasha stabbing Cody? Will they do the honest thing and admit that Sasha's violence was drug-induced? Will they instead claim that Sasha is violently insane and must be kept locked up in a mental hospital, leaving Gladys forever in charge of her money? I expect the latter.

Will Cody survive? I think so. Will this crisis lead to the revelation that Cody is Mac's son and Maxie's stepbrother? I hope it does.

• Members

-- It's a lousy recast. Her age and that voice...just no.

-- But let's not let us distract from the fact that this show cannot wean itself away from Cyrus and Heather. Sometimes villains have to GO -- for GOOD -- no matter how strong the actors are.

-- That Metro Court pool...a shooting and a stabbing within a couple days. THIS is a Port Charles hotspot?? Why isn't this place shut down?? And wasn't it special that it took 5 minutes after Cody was stabbed before anyone yelled "Call 9-1-1!" ?

-- Then there's dumb as a box of hair Maxie. Sasha "isn't well" so she shouldn't be blamed for STABBING SOMEONE??? Jesus, this show.

• Members

I love Jeff Kober in his many storied roles in genre film and TV in the '80s and '90s. On paper, he was a potential get for GH as a short-term villain. In practice he mostly comes off as a blowsy old man whining through utterly inexplicable scenes in which at-risk, elderly Cyrus complains that he didn't mean to run over his and Tad Martin's dad in the family driveway. I blame the show more than him for his poor usage and the overall lame character.

• Members

If Molly was Alexis's only kid I don't think I would have any issue at all.  I do think this actress reads older than TJ, but people are correct that HP looked quite young too.  It's just a miss because she's Alexis youngest and should be significantly younger than Sam.

I am not familiar with his work, but I do know he is a 'get' for soaps.  My question is-is his diction and way JK speaks always like that?  The way he delivers his lines is so odd.  It's almost Shakespearean the way he talks and I wonder if that's an acting thing for him.

• Members

He gets the creepy part down.  It's weird to wrap your mind around the fact him, Martin, and Laura are related.  

Don't ask for Nina more than she already appears.  I still don't know what the hell either of those two know about running a hotel.  At least with Jax/Carly owning it we knew Jax had business acumen and he probably just gave Carly an office to feel important.  Nina's time in a coma and Olivia's time as a teen mom and amateur chef don't scream 5 star hotel owners to me.