General Hospital: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Donnell only seems to like his scenes with Genie lol.  I don't know if he thinks he's above the story he's getting or just doesn't care.   Seriously, Taggert seems more engaged in this story than anyone besides Trina.   I agree on TH being almost robotic lol.  She's so pretty, but she has zero emotional depth when she acts or talks or interacts with other humans.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

LMAO 

Please register in order to view this content

Oh he'd give it all up all these other options for just one shot at making Laurus a reality.

Young hot doctor wife? Young hot police commissioner?

60 year old (hot) grandmother?

• Members

TH would not pass a Host test on Westworld. I don't understand people on GH Twitter caping for this actor claiming "Jordan needs story!" Jordan has not had a consistent character across three actresses and is now played by a cardboard standee.

• Members

Did she audition?  Was she the only one who went to the call?  Or was Mark Teschner on vacation that day and some assistant just looked at her picture and was like that's the one?   I am sure Tanisha Harper is a lovely person, but there are at least 20 soap actresses I can think of off the top of my head that could do a better job than her. 

• Members

I remember FV weighing in on the casting process on I Wanna Be a Soap Star, lol. His vaguely hunky choice ended up on OLTL for 13 weeks or whatever. It was not pretty. Let's just say I've often suspected his hand in the casting at GH.

• Members

Probably.  I don't disagree Jordan deserves story, but unfortunately this actress just isn't cutting it.  She's too young (I could buy her as TJ's love interest tbh), she too wooden, and she has no charisma or spark.  Give Jordan a rest and bring her back later with an appropriate actress.

• Members

I don’t think much thought was put into her casting beyond “she’s very pretty”.

And they’ve used her twice on the show’s key art used on twitter and Hulu since she joined a year ago despite having an insignificant role on the show. It’s weird.

And yeah DT clearly sees that the only way he’s going to fulfill his dream of becoming the black Luke Spencer is by bedding Laura. 

• Members

I don't think she does! Others do, I do not. Jordan has never been much of a character. They've tried three actresses, the first was the best and did her best and it wasn't enough. Send her away for good, bring back a Ward or something.

Edited by Vee

• Members

That's all I have on the casting lol.

I feel like she has story with her position as Chief of Police or whatever she is and Tj's mom.  But I'd be fine with bringing back a Ward.  She could have been Maya.  More appropriate for her age and look.  

• Members

Yes, all those chats back in 2021 where Portia listened with genuine concern as Ava would confide in her about the latest stalking incidents weren't for nothing. Even if it has taken so long to get around to it at least they've done quite a good job in giving Portia plausible reasons to dislike Spencer beyond "I don't like him, I think he's bad news."