uncasting news

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Drew is right though. The original story with Adriana as Dorian's daughter was something that I believe DAVID cooked up outside LaBoulie in order to keep Adriana and River apart and maybe to get Aunt Betsy's inheritance. They were dropping hints that Dorian was keeping Carlotta's secret, not vice versa. Some point they decided to actually go the Adriana is Dorian's daughter and making Carlotta Adriana's aunt not her mother.

• Members

There was an anonymous post that someone had talked to TDS outside the studio, where he said it was his last day: however, REG's Emmy Blog confirms that TDS has worked at least one more day. Either a misunderstanding, or someone possibly hoping to drum up extra support so that it doesn't happen. I suspect the magazine picked it up from that board.

• Members

I have not been a giant fan of Matthew Metzger but I have to admit he looked pretty good in that dream sequence of Kelly's today. They didn't leave too much to the imagination though. A little bit of sheet across his buttocks and that was it.

Maybe they should have beefed up his role a little before now and people might have liked him more.

I hope he will find something new. It would be nice if he could get a role that would showcase his musical talent too.

• Members

This is truly the fault of miscasting and no vision. MM was simply too old to be a believable Duke. Then, like with Adrianna they play with his age. In one scene he's in college the next business school, before that he hated Kelly and they argued, then he was in love with her and hated Kevin. Add to that the fact that they never bothered to tell a story for him or bond him to his family. Clint's been back since November and Duke and Clint have yet to share a line of dialogue.

The answer here was for him to slink out of town in disgrace after being slammed by Kelly and then return at a later time, preferably as a more age appropriate and well conceived character. Instead the show continues to eat it's young by now killing Viki's third grandchild and Kevin's second son.

• Members

That's what I was afraid of. So Duke is gonna be killed off. Stupid, stupid, stupid Higley. Glad Wortham Krimmer is back as Andrew. I hope he's back recurringly, since I guarantee he's not back on contract, although I wish he was. This "Danny", I wonder if it could be Danny Wolek, Larry and Meredith's son. Would be nice, since he's Kevin, Joey, Jess/Tess and Natalie's cousin, and Viki's nephew. I hope it's for a contract.

• Members

Wow OLTL is setting themselves up badly for the future with the Buchanan and Lord families with only Todd's children carrying on for the future. There are gonna be no ties to Vicki in the future of the show (if the show lasts that long).

Search For Tomorrow did it with it's central heroine Joanne Barron. Patti's story fizzled out and they wrote her daughter off for years. Her only other child was Duncan born in the early 60's and the writers chose to kill him off in the 60's. Mary Stuart talked about that for years.

OLTL is making a big mistake with all these decisions.

Archived