ALL: Rivals/Enemies Who Became Friends/Lovers and Vice Versa…

• Members

B&B making Brooke and Taylor besties (or more?

Please register in order to view this content

) made me think about stories where soaps did a 180 on longtime relationships, either making good friends fall out and become enemies or having rivals go beyond simply burying the hatchet and actually form a close friendship.

Enemies to Lovers: Carl/Rachel, AW

Enemies to Friends: Jill/Katherine, Y&R

Friends to Enemies: Victor/Sharon, Y&R

Any others?

Edited by Faulkner

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, really, Susan & Julie started out as best friends - and then David came between them & Little Dickey was born & Susan changed & wouldn't give him up for adoption. And, basically, they were bitter enemies from then on, weren't they? It was off to the races, Bill Bell style. 

Otalia was a classic case of 2 people beginning as bitter awful horrible enemies, working through to become friends & then becoming co-mothers to Emma & then to falling in love. Natalia & Olivia, GL. Natalia had abundant enemies when she first got to town & took Gus away from Harley. 

• Members

This one seemed so ridiculous in 2008, but it actually works for me these days. They just really skipped over that whole "Hey, you put flesh-eating bacteria on my face" business in favor of "Uh, Sami is annoying, right?" 

Then it actually upset me when they gave them tension over Daniel (UGH) a few years later.

• Faulkner changed the title to ALL: Rivals/Enemies Who Became Friends/Lovers and Vice Versa…