Days: February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Personally I thought they might go with some way to make it seem that this persona was Stefano & I was frankly concerned that it would be hokey. I don't know why they went with Doug. I'm sure they liked the "not a cheap con man" line since Doug was initially Brent Douglas, cheap con man. And, they will almost always reach for an in joke if there's one to be had. I do not think it had to be Doug. 

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hey, well put!! I am sure that he enjoyed it! Actors, who have been doing the same role like he has for umpteen years always enjoy being handed something different!! 

I was so glad today that finally someone pointed out that he lost his wife, his sister & the mother of his children! 

Did you happen to notice that one of the commercials was "Hello Angel!" An ad for Angel Soft toilet paper? Couldn't ask for better product placement right in the middle of Salem Angels!

Today is Feb. 17. Eight days from now is Mar. 1st. Mark your Salem Angels calendars! 

Edited by Tonksadora
a moment from our sponsor

• Members

I don't really mind Doug as the Devil, but it is so obvious it should be Stefano right down to the Devil's actual obsession with Marlena.  Clearly that's not possible to do, but Doug playing the Devil makes me think how much more sense/better it would be if Stefano was playing it.   I think an extra might have been better.

I love Blake Berris playing evilNick!  He's so fun and while it's stupid he was chosen to play this, I am thoroughly enjoying him and his delivery.

Anna makes everything better.  I literally enjoyed Roman/Anna today and I have to assume it's 99% because of Leann Hunley.   

Steve referring to Marlena as the mother of Roman's twins is of course true, but so is Kate lol.  Unless Cassie doesn't exist anymore lol.

• Members

I know she was mentioned when KL first started playing Rex years ago, but it was very vague.  I think he said she was single and in Chicago or something.  It would be a good time to bring her back, but she is someone who is related to everyone too.

On another note, it would be a great time to bring Phillip back as well with JA/Victor's death.  I know they mention him from time to time, but it really is a prime oppurtunity to bring him back.  Chloe doesn't need another suitor nor does Stephanie, but maybe he could mix it up with Sarah, Jada, Sloan, or Belle. 

• Members

Obviously I agree that it should be Stefano but without Joe it's an impossibility. 

Nick is working. And, I love "Caring Anna". I also love "Could Care Less Anna" & I laugh when I think of her in Kristen's garage apt. that day being an absolute snot & snob about everything! But, today she was very caring & I think we've needed to see some people caring about these widowers! 

Orpheus at least temporarily saved his life with a Scheherazade move. Gives us something to look forward to for Monday for a change. 

• Members

I actually think Leann Hunley and Josh Taylor have a nice rapport and chemistry.  Not exactly romantic, but I buy they were once married and have a long history in a way I never do when JT interacts with Deidre Hall.  I honestly would rather see Anna a lot more than Kate or Maggie, but that's probably not the most popular sentiment.

• Members

I just have a feeling that Leann has a lot of fans & I know there are so many people who tired of Suzanne. I don't think Anna & Tony would've been in BS2 if they didn't have their own distinct following. No opinion on Kate. When she & Paulina were having good girl talk scenes, I liked that quite a bit but it's not continued to happen. I think Lauren is a lovely talented actress & beautiful but maybe Kate is just problematic or something. 

• Members

I personally don't like Kate at all.  I used to like her a lot and I do think Lauren is amazing, but she is a character that outlived her usefulness years ago.  Her place on the show now is okay, but there was at least a decade and a half where she was the town welcome wagon for new men on the show and it got tedious.  The depth of the Kate character was generally lost once DA vacated the role and she became more of a joke.  I am neither here nor there on Maggie.  Suzanne seems like a lovely woman and she's done her time on the show, but if she disappeared I wouldn't miss her.  

Anna/LH is just a character and actress I want to see more of.  It was very sweet of her to visit Roman today as none of his numerous family or friends seem to care about him.  Side eyeing Abe and Eric here lol.