Days: February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

In Columbus, MS, where I went to university and lived for a time there are 2 dozen antebellum homes & some of them are on display year-round & some of them are just annually at Pilgrimage. Sometimes hostesses are garbed in antebellum dresses, complete with layers of petticoats & hoops. Most is about the historical aspect of the house, and the flowers which are in bloom during Pilgrimage & the architecture. Columbus was missed by Grant because the railroad didn't go there. So, there was a field hospital that was used for everyone, both sides of the army & people of color as well. Friendship Cemetery is the location of the first Decoration Day because the women of the town put flowers on everyone's graves, no distinction was made for Yankee or Rebel or person of color. I know sometimes people go there expecting the worst but they seem to handle things with some forethought & sense. I'm sure some people are put off by it still existing. Yet they consider it tourism. It's tricky. 

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I knew we weren’t going to see the funerals. In some ways, it’s better that way because there’s no chance in hell that the show would ever be able to explain why there were so few people there. Hopefully, that changes now. And hopefully, this Heaven stuff ends too. 

I still don’t Iike Allie, but at the same time, I think she deserves better than what Ron has given her #biphobe 

And yeah, we totally should have seen how Kayla was able to contact Steve from Heaven. 

I’ll miss Will and Sonny, but it’s for the best. See how much I was against a Sonny/Leo pairing that I would rather Sonny be offscreen. I’m sure they’ll pop in from time to time. And yes, they are better parents for Ari than Gabi is

Please register in order to view this content

And as for the Devil, all I can say is

I care lol

We need characters like Tripp on the canvas to balance out all the selfish scumbags

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Hahaha! Asparagus of all side dishes served on Valentine's Day. God. But at least I have fun with it. Is today heaven day? I just got back from the gym and could use a good laugh. Actually, you know what? It's so cold, windy, and rainy I'm in the mood to wear ugly hospital socks, cute sweatpants and hoodie and just dive right into the bed covers while I watch DAYS. Yay! I'm so excited!

• Members

Honestly, Tripp playing video games at home was the most responsible reaction of any of the kids that lost their parents although we have no idea how Belle took it since she disappeared lol.

The Kayla/Steve dream/vision/visit seemed like such a John/Marlena thing to happen.  I am surprised John was skeptical when Steve told him after all the ridiculous things that have happened to them.

Allie leaving is really random.  She's not just an employee at sweet bits she's a partner, correct?  She's just going to leave Chanel high and dry on that end?  Not that I think Allie does much for the business, but that's messed up lol.  All of this is so rushed, but I guess it's a happy ending-ish.  I guess Nicole can move back into her apartment now.  Or Wendy can get a bedroom if Chanel keeps it.

As far as the devil, it's all so silly.  If it moved quicker I may tolerate it, but we see this once a week.  Get on with it please.

• Members

Okay, Steph & two men & cellphonegate & being incompetent at her job, check. 

Eric drinking too much & screwing Sloan like crazy, check.

What has Rex done? I mean beside boink once with Sarah who is his Achilles heel, that it?

Oh, I was figuring the apartment would go to its ownership & Chanel would be looking for a place & Wendy would be looking for a place. And, time in White Space incredulously is now at once every 8 flipping days! We shall see what we shall see, I guess.  

• Members

Is anyone else surprised that Allie isn't moving to South Africa? 

There seems to be a thriving South African/Salem ex-pat community filled with Claire, Shawn, JJ, Theo, and Belle.  I always forget if Rex lives there, or in Paris (the other Salem outpost).  Kayla, Patch, Eric, and Bill Horton lived there once, and it figured prominently in the DAYS book A Stirring from Salem (the best one in the unfinished trilogy from Sheri Anderson). 

However, they may be difficult to find because DAYS scripts always just refers to it as South Africa, and never specifies the city.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Belle came back. Shawn's temporary. Permanent res is Claire, Theo & JJ. And, I've heard Johannesburg once or twice. I'm sure it was a splurge. It reminds me of Ed Bauer on GL who was off & on in .... you got it, ... AFRICA! And, DOOL had the corner covered on boarding school in Switzerland, for years. 

• Members

Personally I don't think the show is worse. I think it's just as bad as it was a year ago and that is unbearably sad, awful, depressing, etc. They've already spent some of that peacock money. New cameras, we can see, promos for Megan coming & Bope coming, they've spent money there & betw Feb. 24 & mid-March we will see that. I don't think anyone knows about whatever else is on the till, do they? I mostly want to know if the new writing is going to solve any of the writing problems. I'm very afraid of it being new writing, same problems. 

• Members

I'm still waiting for looser scripts. So far there hasn't been much change.

I don't know whether to hope for Peacock to micromanage the show or not. Typically that's a disaster but surely an executive somewhere will tell them to stop with the dumb stuff before they renew.

Ron needs a co-HW.

Edited by KLN