Existing Recasts that Another Actor Would Have Excelled In

• Members

I think the pitfalls of Katie show how bad writing (that doesn’t play to the performer’s strengths) can undermine even the strongest actors. HT is great but Victoria was becoming damaged even before she left the role. She’d be more believable in the “take charge” moments where AH is less credible (like the arguments with Adam), but she’d still have to deal with the squishy wifey/mommy stuff because that’s what CBS wanted for that character. Certainly she likely wouldn’t have had the Billy romance (although, who knows? Maybe she would have sparked with Billy Miller), but she’d have had something else that would have sucked, and we’d be bemoaning her character in the same way we do for Ashley, et al (if HT didn’t leave on her own out of frustration—she seems like she’s happy to coast over at B&B, a more pleasant set).

Edited by Faulkner

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Anyone at B&B has relative job security for daytime with the show's secure position internationally, and they allow HT to direct. I can't fault her for staying where she is, same as the very talented writers they have churning out that slop. I also think CBS or Sony would be very uncomfortable with HT back in the role as I think they would call her 'the wrong physical type' - as in, not hot enough. Which is ludicrous, but that's exactly how networks think and how they've come to think of Victoria.

• Members

She or Melinda Clarke were my choices for Phyllis before Gina was hired for the role. And I'm sure Jamie or Melinda wouldn't showcase how bored they're in scenes like a certain actress presently on screen. 

When Kassie DePaiva was playing Eve on DAYS, I thought in my opinion she would've been better suited as a recast Melissa Horton or even a recast Kristen Forrester-Dominguez on Bold and Beautiful. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Is Sandra Nelson not into doing soaps anymore?

There's dislike for him, but I would take Billy Miller in a second over Jason Thompson as Billy Abbott. Thompson is too brooding and serious. He was that exact same way in his last few years as GH's Patrick. Much like Y&R's Paul, you'd never realize Dr. Patrick was a playboy in his early days in the role, based on latter year performances.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Aldrich was absolutely dreadful in the role and once the show realized it she just faded away into the background until they simply wrote Victoria for like 2 months until HT returned. 

HT has also directed some episodes of Dynasty 2.0 before it ended I wonder if she has directed other primetime shows. 

I could easily see either Sarah Buxton or Jamie Luner as Phyllis. Buxton would’ve been entertaining in the role as Stafford pretty much stopped acting after 2006 or so lol.

Billy has pretty much become the Mike Horton or Tom Hughes of our time with so many recasts. I’m not sure who would make a good Billy besides bringing back David Tom because the writing for Billy has been bad for years now.

• Members

It's funny that Heather Tom has played Katie longer than she played Victoria, but Victoria is her signature role. I think she's staying at B&B until it ends, plus she has her directing career going so she's prepared for post B&B life.