Existing Recasts that Another Actor Would Have Excelled In

• Members

Are there any  recasts (which actually happened) that you feel another actor would have done well in? 

Y&R: Someone wrote on Facebook that Gina Tognoni or Tamera Braun would have been suitables recast for Heather Tom's Victoria. 

I think Sarah Buxton would have been a good replacement for Sandra Nelson had Michelle Stafford not returned, or even when she left again in 2013. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Tamara Braun would have been an excellent Victoria Newman. She had the bite that Heather Tom had; in her first months/year, Amelia Heinle was excellent as Victoria, but the moment she became a mother is the moment TPTB stripped Victoria of any edge she had.

Josh Kelly could have been better suited for Drew than Cameron Mathison has.

• Members

Heinle has never been very good as Victoria. What's really trippy though is when she first came on, some eps from which they showed on CBS during the COVID lockdown in 2020, they were clearly testing pairing her up with Jack.

• Members

I totally agree.

While I agree AH showed more emotion on AMC, she plays Victoria best when she's allowed to play her as a complete ice bitca. There have been points under various writing regimes and she does it well. 

Most recent example of that was her doublecrossing Ashland. She was COLD...AS...ICE. My favorite example that I've always said of her doing it was when she found out about Brad/Sharon and had this great monologue where she let them both know what time it was.

Other than that...yeah meh. lol. 

• Members

The problem is it never lasts. They try it out for a few weeks or months at a time and then she's back to mooning over Billy or the latest spare dude and wearing pashmina or making her own granola. And after almost two decades of this I just don't see why we should keep hoping they get it right the next time they flirt with not writing Victoria like an ABC Daytime heroine. She is simply not strong or consistent enough to warrant keeping her around for that possibility.

But they're never going to recast Heinle so it doesn't matter.

Edited by Vee

• Members

And as someone who loves Cristie Clark as well, I also don't think she could have followed HT. Now could she do a AH Victoria better than AH....well...probably. lol.

I also agree that we are stuck with AH. So while they won't let her stay an ice bitca, I'm happy they are definitely keeping her out of a romance with Billy.

Edited by Taoboi