Existing Recasts that Another Actor Would Have Excelled In

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

As has been discussed on this site plenty, HT’s Victoria was a strong foundation to base the next generation of Newman’s on, and then be Victor’s successor in business stories.

I also love Christie Clark, but she would not be good in this role.  I could see her as Karen Wexler on GH if they hadn’t killed her off though. 

I wonder what Billy Flynn could make of Michael on GH?  

• Members

Yeah, if we ever got rid of Heinle, we'd probably get Rebecca Budig as Victoria or something.

I don't really think Christie Clark would've been the right recast in 2005, or even now. She just projects a different air than what Victoria is supposed to be. I've always wanted to see Clark play a REAL bitch with an edge, though!

I wasn't watching Y&R during her brief stint, and I can probably guess the answer, but what did people think of Sarah Aldrich as Victoria?

• Members

My memories are hazy but Sarah Aldrich made no impression. I think they tried to ease her in but I don't recall her being in business mode at all. Once she was established it seems that she was given little to do. I guess the consensus was that she wasn't suitable from the get go and was back burnered to see out her contract cycle.

Makes you wonder why she was chosen in the first place.

• Members

She had the potential... remember all those times she decked Sami LOL

Aldrich was blonde and pretty.. but the show didn't write anything for her.  She was basically a background character from the get go.  Apparently the show asked her to re-audition for the part and she bolted.   Which was for the best because she did have a nice 2 year run on Port Charles as Courtney later on and Heather Tom reprised the role.. so it was a win win.

Heinle is a lifer on Y & R sadly... she should have been Katie on B & B instead of Heather Tom (who I thought seemed more suited to playing original receipe Donna on B & B).

Honestly, I don't know who could effectively play Victoria from the crop of name soap actresses... I almost think an unknown would be better.

• Members

I can see that.

Which would've been crazy because Jack was her stepdad (while she was a minior), plus saw her as a baby multiple times....Not that that matters on soaps (B&B

Please register in order to view this content

)

I wonder of it's awkward for Heather Tom & Don Diamont on Bold because she was a teen when she started on Y&R and he was there. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I remember that and thankfully we were spared. 

There was some flirtation between Victoria and Brad in 1995 but nothing came of it. Victoria then disliked Brad when he started a relationship with Nikki. I remember a scene where Victoria accused Brad of being with Nikki for clout and listed all his past conquests.

• Members

The Jack/Victoria thing was probably a(misguided) way to keep the Jack/Victor rivalry going. Maybe if Jack and Victoria had got together in a business sense that would have been more effective and achieved that goal.

Instead they went with Billy/Victoria which I hated from the get go. Billy was a teen when Victoria was already established as a young adult. But then they started that melding of all age groups so that someone like Phyllis could be involved with Billy even though she was a mother herself when he was born.

In terms of a recast who would you suggest for Billy? I dislike Jason Thompson in the role.

• Members

I think he's a horrible excuse for Billy.  Not saying he's a bad actor -- he's good -- but he ain't Billy.  

In my opinion, the Billy character is due for a rest.  A lot of folks don't like a certain actor with a cheshire cat grin who once played Billy, I believe but he embodied the character as an adult better than anyone else has.  

• Members

Someone one more age appropriate for sure. No offense to JT, but it's just the fact that Billy and Mac was one of my favorite teen romance...if not the first so it has always rubbed me the wrong way with casting though I got over it. 

I agree about the character needing a rest. I also agree that actor embodied the character as an adult better.