Existing Recasts that Another Actor Would Have Excelled In

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Louise Sorel would have been a decent Dorian had Elaine Princi not taken the role.

Princi and Claire Malis were really good as Dorian. I havent been taken in by Nancy Pinkerton's performance but I think I just need to watch more. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Agree. That was Y&R's second worst nepotism.

I don't know if any big soap names were considered for Ashley in 1988, but if a big soap name was cast as Ashley in 1988 it might have taken attention away from Bill Bell's pets Cricket and Cassandra. Remember 1989 was all about Cricket and Cassandra and the rest of the main females got second/third tier storylines.

• Members

I wasn't watch at the time but in the clips and episodes I've seen I enjoyed Brenda Epperson's portrayal of Ashley far more than I've ever enjoyed Eileen's. She's just so cold and it doesn't always feel intentional, it reads like "Why am I here?". Because on Days she's the opposite, she relishes in the most reductive non-sensical plot turns and dialogue.

• Members

Okay, I'll play.

Y&R:

I'd replace Jason Thompson's Billy with Randy Wayne (Matthew, the Bay). He's only a couple years younger than Miller and in my opinion fits the "type" of Billy Abbott. With a new Billy, I'd keep Billy and Lily separated. 

B&B:

Robin Christopher as Felicia Forrester? I'd like to see her go up against Deacon and Bill. She could come into Forrester and want to take the company back as a "true" Forrester instead of Ridge and his kids (who are Marones.) 

Tamara Braun I'd take as B&B's Kristen Forrester. If Zende is going to be on, Kristen should be around. (I also like the idea of Krista Tesreau, tho she's a couple years older than RC. Krista and Sean Kanan  as Deacon could be interesting.)

This has been mentioned before, but I'd be okay with Robert Kelker Kelly taking over as Ridge. TK has always bored me. I don't think he "fits" as Ridge either. He's always so "greasy" looking to me. Sorry. Ridge is supposed to be in the fashion industry and Forrester an icon and yet he always looks so...unkept. 

• Members

Brenda Epperson was dare I say better than Eileen Davidson. She was warmer, had more sex appeal, and romatic chemistry with her male love interests than Eileen. Eileen was better as Kristin on DAYS for me.  Shari Shattuck however, wasn't all that. She wasnt terrible, just not right for Ashley.

Edited by ironlion