YR 50th anniversary cast photo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

https://www.paramountpressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/the-young-and-the-restless/photos/?page=1&limit=46

These were shot around Sept. 20 or Sept 21, based on Christel Khalil's and Mishael Morgan's instagrams.  The show has been posting little mini-videos on social media, since late September, with a different actor each week asking about their favorite something or what would their character do, etc.  The actors have all been dressed up like this in their mini-videos.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Mishael posted Sept. 21 in this gown. (as Liberty City said I guess the photoshoot was done Sept 20.)

And then Mishael posted Sept. 23 BTS filming saying "back to work" which was when she came back to work after being gone for months -but her Sept. 23 post was wearing character wardrobe of the white dress Amanda wore when she walked in on Devon and Abby having sex. So Mishael filmed this cast photo during her final week at Y&R.

Mishael came back to Y&R saying she was on recurring ... and a few of us thought she might plan to leave or maybe they'd just gradually stop using her.... although it did seem she was leaving at some point.  But it seemed we'd still see her from time to time at least for a while.  She posted "back to work" and did the photoshoot and everything.

At the time,  I thought everyone was filming new pics for the opening (which could be true also) but as it stands now it was for the cast photo. 

I incorrectly assumed Mishael was really back parttime due to getting an opening photo.

But I guess she had to make it look like she was really back ... because she couldn't let on she'd come back only for a few episodes of the surprise exit story of walking in on Devon and Abby.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Graziadei was seen on-set of the shoot when majority of the cast was there. The only one I noticed not to be present was Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe). They likely brought Graziadei in prior to his first filming, to include him in the cast shoot, considering plans were in motion already. His return was announced on September 19, one day before the anniversary/opening credit shoot. Mishael Morgan's exit aired around November 12, and Graziadei retuned November 21. So he wasn't that too early.

General Hospital likely did the same thing with Kristina Wagner in 2021.

They did both a cast shoot and an opening shoot, and The Young and the Restless has been putting both regular and recurring players in their opening for some time, so it would not surprise me if Morgan also shot an opening shot, in case she returned for episodes here and there. She's always stated she's open to returning if she is needed and her schedule permits her.

• Members

It is amusing to me that in 1973 Juliana McCarthy was 44, Jeanne Cooper was 45, and Dorothy Green was 53.  Each played the mother of adult children, and they were considered the "older" generation of the show.  Today Amelia Heinle is 49, Sharon Case is 51, and Michelle Stafford is 55 are they are written as perpetual 30-40 somethings who still get annual weddings in sexy white wedding gowns.  It just seems like nobody is allowed to age in soaps anymore until they hit their 70s

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/53/5c/09/535c099b69e6e19fdf915960fb8b2146.jpg

Edited by j swift

• Members

Different times,different standards.

Women are having work done and are generally fitter,don't smoke etc. Permitted (expected) to dress 'younger'

Susan Walters looks  more her age  and dresses more conservatively .

It was confronting when Marla Adams returned as she looked like 70 plus women used to look. Nowadays even women of that age are expected to look at least 10 years younger.

• Members

Although I like natural aging, the facelift did wonders for Jeanne Cooper both times!

Older Millenials and Gen X, People in their 40s and 50s *thankfully* look younger now. Being in your 60s are becomming more middle aged than seinor citizens now. Especially because of the economy where Gen Z/Younger Mellenials independence, marriage and parenthood is on track to come later in life, the attitudes of 40/50 year olds will be different with this generation.  But I do like the sotocism and inner toughness that Kay and Jennifer Brook's generation had. 

I will agree that there is an immaturity in the writing given to the Gen Xers: Nick, Sharon, Victoria etc.. Its especially odd (especially on Brooke & Taylor on B&B) to see the helicopter parenting of grown people.

• Members

Thanks for this reply because my intention was not to comment on their beauty (although Juliana McCarthy could probably have done AARP commercials in her 30s), but to point out the lack of sophistication among the characters of today.  They need to be able to grow up and begin caring about other things than being the only focus of their boyfriend's attention or trying to gain the approval of their fathers.

• Members

I do think, in its weird way, that arrested development is one of the few ways these soaps reflect social trends. Aside from Maura West (whose acting style is sort of a throwback anyway), there aren’t really any performers on soaps in that 40s/50s age range with the kind of gravitas that Beverlee McKinsey and Liz Hubbard and the Y&R actresses you mentioned had when they were the same age. 

However, Y&R has essentially snuffed out any opportunities for a new generation, but I guess that’s a feature, not a bug. They’ve clearly given up on any succession plan and are content to be comfort food for their core demographic, riding out to the sunset with the few familiar faces they have and keeping their characters stagnant. At least we’re not seeing any new love interests for Victor anymore.

Edited by Faulkner